Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scope mount help

Feedback Score

Scope mount help

I'm going to be putting a pstII 2-10 on a colt 6920. What mount setup would you recommend? For my bolt rifle I've always used badger ordnance or nightforce.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Personally, I prefer QD cantilever mounts for 30mm/34mm tube variables on an AR. In that category, I like/use the ADM Recon mounts on everything now.
    However, the similar offerings from Bobro and Larue are excellent as well (owned/used them all). Can't go wrong with any of those, IMO.

Feedback Score

Scope mount help

Do you need QD? If not the Nightforce is a nice unit and lightweight. It returns to zero as well as, if not better than the QD mounts if you torque it to the same value.

Aero makes a good mount as well.

Of the QDs, I like GDI quite a bit. The Bobro isn't bad either.
    Last edited by ghostly; 10-25-17 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geissele 05-381B (30mm tube) x2 here. They might not be super light but in scope mounts I'm liking bullet proof.

Feedback Score
    I have a Nightforce unimount and an ADM qd. Both have held up fine. I haven't removed either so rtz hasn't been a concern. I like the NF more than the ADM and if I needed another mount I'd buy another Nightforce.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    non-qd here. Never liked QD.

Nightforce, JP, GG&G, or Badger are my favorites
    Warne if on a budget and wanting something robust
    AP if on a budget and wanting something light and "robust enough"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aero Precision if you're on a budget, weight is a priority, or QD is unnecessary. They can be a turd to level the scope in, but I have not had one fail and I am not easy on my shit.

Bobro and EOTech are my favorites for QD currently. ADM and LaRue make good mounts as well with a tremendous track record.

The Geisseles are sexy and probably bombproof just like everything else they make, but I don't have one nor do I see myself picking one up any time soon.

Feedback Score
    The thing I liked about the nightforce was the 20moa cant in case I ever want to put it onto something with more range. The geisselle looks like a good mount, but damn it's expensive. I'm not looking for robust enough, I'm looking for robust, but not outrageous. Something under the $250 mark preferably. Qd isn't as important as well built.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Both geissele 05-381B mounts I've purchased were under $250. Last one was from optics planet a few days ago purchased with a nightforce.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Both geissele 05-381B mounts I've purchased were under $250. Last one was from optics planet a few days ago purchased with a nightforce.
    Huh. Could have sworn the ones I priced earlier were in the $350 range....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast