Thread: Scope mount help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Almost any US-made mount, but:

Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    OP, there are so many good options you just need to figure out what your priorities are and go from there. If you zero in on the features that are most important to your application and stick with a good manufacturer, you won't be disappointed with anything from ADM, Seekins, JP, LaRue, Aero, Geissele, Nightforce, EOTech, Bobro, GDI, SPUHR, Midwest Industries, Badger, Warne, GGG, Leupold, Vortex, or shit I could go all day.
    1) In my experience the AeroPrecision mounts can mark the scope tube even when carefully tightened per directions.
    2) I had one of the first QD Midwest mounts that came out and had trouble with the QD system. Mine might have been a fluke, but I like the ADM much better.
    3) GGG is OK but their QD clamp isn't the best and they are pricey for what you get. Fit and finish seems to trail ADM, Larue and Bobro.
    4) Leupold makes several grades of mount. The lower priced Mark 2 has sharp edges.
    5) Vortex doesn't make any mounts, they re-badge others. At times their re-badged mounts have included Seekins, ADM, and generic Chinese iffy stuff. Just buy the name-brand unless the Vortex happens to be cheaper and you are 100% certain who made it.
    6) Spuhr, which is Swedish, is ungodly expensive but in terms of quality is the only exception I'd make to buy US. They are at least as good as any US mount, if you want their specific features.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 11-01-17 at 16:18.