Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scope mount help

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Almost any US-made mount, but:

Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    OP, there are so many good options you just need to figure out what your priorities are and go from there. If you zero in on the features that are most important to your application and stick with a good manufacturer, you won't be disappointed with anything from ADM, Seekins, JP, LaRue, Aero, Geissele, Nightforce, EOTech, Bobro, GDI, SPUHR, Midwest Industries, Badger, Warne, GGG, Leupold, Vortex, or shit I could go all day.
    1) In my experience the AeroPrecision mounts can mark the scope tube even when carefully tightened per directions.
    2) I had one of the first QD Midwest mounts that came out and had trouble with the QD system. Mine might have been a fluke, but I like the ADM much better.
    3) GGG is OK but their QD clamp isn't the best and they are pricey for what you get. Fit and finish seems to trail ADM, Larue and Bobro.
    4) Leupold makes several grades of mount. The lower priced Mark 2 has sharp edges.
    5) Vortex doesn't make any mounts, they re-badge others. At times their re-badged mounts have included Seekins, ADM, and generic Chinese iffy stuff. Just buy the name-brand unless the Vortex happens to be cheaper and you are 100% certain who made it.
    6) Spuhr, which is Swedish, is ungodly expensive but in terms of quality is the only exception I'd make to buy US. They are at least as good as any US mount, if you want their specific features.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 11-01-17 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    Does the adm have any can't to it? Cant and sturdy are the two priorities, that and being high enough

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The Aero Precision SPR mount is lightweight, (relatively) inexpensive, and low profile. I can't say how durable it is. It doesn't look or feel particularly robust, but likely good enough for my hunting 6.8x43.

The Bobro Q/D mount is heavy, (relatively) expensive, and not particularly low profile. It looks and feels very robust. I have one mounted on a KAC SR15 that I consider a "serious use" rifle.

Depends on what your goals and parameters are, I suppose.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Does the adm have any can't to it? Cant and sturdy are the two priorities, that and being high enough
    Yes, they make one with a 20MOA base, just like the one I posted in this thread last week (Post #11), as well as a 30MOA option.

Edit: And it looks like it's even cheaper now @ $160 shipped, with the latest coupon code.
    Last edited by freefly; 11-01-17 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freefly View Post
    Yes, they make one with a 20MOA base, just like the one I posted in this thread last week (Post #11), as well as a 30MOA option.

Edit: And it looks like it's even cheaper now @ $160 shipped, with the latest coupon code.
    Ah hell I missed the link I guess. Thanks, I'll probably go that direction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    The Aero Precision SPR mount is lightweight, (relatively) inexpensive, and low profile. I can't say how durable it is. It doesn't look or feel particularly robust, but likely good enough for my hunting 6.8x43.
    They seem to be plenty durable. I have three, all SPR length. One is on a hard use rifle, one is on my truck gun that realistically gets beat up more than my hard use gun, and one on a rimfire range toy. They have all held up to many hard knocks and general abuse without any issues. Frank Proctor is actually the one who originally turned me on to them, and if they're good enough for him...

My one and only complaint is a minor one, and that is they can be a pain in the butt to level the scope in properly.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’d pay an extra $50 for an Aero scope mount with standard 4 bolt split rings. That hinge design is a pain to level a scope in and get the correct bolt torque. And the hinge is the standard failure point I’ve seen from people using too much torque when mounting a scope.

They seem to be plenty durable. I have three, all SPR length. One is on a hard use rifle, one is on my truck gun that realistically gets beat up more than my hard use gun, and one on a rimfire range toy. They have all held up to many hard knocks and general abuse without any issues. Frank Proctor is actually the one who originally turned me on to them, and if they're good enough for him...

My one and only complaint is a minor one, and that is they can be a pain in the butt to level the scope in properly.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    I’d pay an extra $50 for an Aero scope mount with standard 4 bolt split rings. That hinge design is a pain to level a scope in and get the correct bolt torque. And the hinge is the standard failure point I’ve seen from people using too much torque when mounting a scope.
    Won't get any arguments from me there, I hope they do make that a reality.

Now on the subject of new or hypothetical ultralight mounts, I know that Scalarworks is coming out with a series of scope mounts soon. Without a doubt, they will be amazing.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Scope mount help

Now on the subject of new or hypothetical ultralight mounts, I know that Scalarworks is coming out with a series of scope mounts soon. Without a doubt, they will be amazing.
    I hope they're still on track for the stated timeline, I'm really looking forward to one. I asked if they'd be releasing in 1.93" and was told their plan was to make a riser that would work for any of their optics. Sounds cool, but it seemed very conceptual unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If they can get the cost down anywhere close to what the Aero Precision mounts are selling for.....I'll swap all of my mounts.

For now, I'm sticking with JP. It's like a beefed up Aero Precision.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast