Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scope mount help

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just FYI:

ADM 30mm Recon QD mount w/ 20MOA base @ $166 shipped w/ coupon code "year17":
    American Defense Recon 30mm 20MOA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Optics planet list is $325. I qualify for government discount, but if you watch for the sales around the holidays they are priced lower, around $243 sometimes. I dropped some coin at optics planet so...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Is the FSP too close for running a full power cantilevered scope?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'm not sure honestly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Depending on the magnification, you will definitely see it. A true 1x scope will show it as a slightly distorted and magnified version of what you'd see through a red dot. Beyond about 1.2x you will see a blurred shadow of the FSP and beyond about 3-3.5x depending on the scope it begins to disappear from view altogether.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Huh. Could have sworn the ones I priced earlier were in the $350 range....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Beyond sales that bring the price lower, several models were recently discontinued and blown out by retailers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Current sale is $260

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Current sale is $260
    That isn't bad at all. I've avoided them in the past because of cost compared to NF, etc. I would give them a try if I needed something right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Always wondered why the JP mount doesn't get more love??? You can pretty much always find them for $200 or a bit under. Does everything the Geissele mount does, and gets rid of the 1/2" nuts that are a snag point. It's like a beefed up Aero Precision mount. VERY nice IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    That isn't bad at all. I've avoided them in the past because of cost compared to NF, etc. I would give them a try if I needed something right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Always wondered why the JP mount doesn't get more love??? You can pretty much always find them for $200 or a bit under. Does everything the Geissele mount does, and gets rid of the 1/2" nuts that are a snag point. It's like a beefed up Aero Precision mount. VERY nice IMHO.
    They are rock solid, but they don't have a G in the name. They are also heavier and more expensive than ADM mounts, without the QD capability or as much available offset.

OP, there are so many good options you just need to figure out what your priorities are and go from there. If you zero in on the features that are most important to your application and stick with a good manufacturer, you won't be disappointed with anything from ADM, Seekins, JP, LaRue, Aero, Geissele, Nightforce, EOTech, Bobro, GDI, SPUHR, Midwest Industries, Badger, Warne, GGG, Leupold, Vortex, or shit I could go all day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast