Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G19: The Once and Future King?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Yes I will take a picture next time I am at the range. My G17 Gen 3 and HK both rub the same spot next to my thumb knuckle near the webbing of my firing hand. Does not happen on the G19, 26, or 43 for me.
    Cool. I'd like to see it. Since the dimensions are the same in the spot that rubs, but maybe somebody can help you correct it. I like you prefer the 19, but not because of shoot-ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I handled the Gen 5's for the very first time on Saturday, and I wanted to check out the front cutout to see how it hits me.
    Just handling it, it sat fine on my smaller hands on the G19.

I need to rent a Gen 5 and see if I have the same rubbing issue on the G17, and to see if the G19 bits my pinky under live fire.
    Other than those questions I have like you mentioned, I really love how the Gen 5's feel and the features that they come with.
    Back in the day my gen 2 G19 had the cut out and it bothered me, grip sleeve fixed that.

In 2012 I bought a gen 2 G19, same deal, Pearce floor plates PG FML. Fixed.

Last week I bought gen 5 G19, Pearce again fixed the bite, Don't feel it dry fire, do live fire.
    The PG FML fit gen 5 mags perfect.

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    Let's see the P320 is a better gun, VP9 is a better gun, M&P 2.0 is a better gun, PPQ a better gun etc. etc. Glocks a cult company with cult owners.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    Let's see the P320 is a better gun, VP9 is a better gun, M&P 2.0 is a better gun, PPQ a better gun etc. etc. Glocks a cult company with cult owners.
    I would not recommend Glock to a new shooter or someone with poor trigger finger discipline. Other than that, there are some very good reasons why Glock is king.

I've said it before, but in my own case Glock was the first pistol I ever owned that worked every time, and by the time I bought my first Glock I had owned some very well-respected name brands. It's ugly, unbalanced and has poor ergos, but it goes bang. Every. Frigging. Time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How so? In what way?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The fanboy is strong with this one.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Please support all of your fly-by comments. Provide evidence of your cult claims. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The irony that it's viewed as his burden to say why newer guns are superior, but not the Glock fan boys. Speaking of which, how is he a fanboy of any number of brands but the blind support of Glock doesn't qualify others?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    The irony that it's viewed as his burden to say why newer guns are superior, but not the Glock fan boys. Speaking of which, how is he a fanboy of any number of brands but the blind support of Glock doesn't qualify others?

Fanboyism isn't okay in anything imo. I really like Glocks, I really Like HK's, I really like some Sigs, but if someone comes in with more experience than me and can break down why this is better than that, I will always listen. Like i said earlier about the Gen 5's, if you don't shoot Glocks then I can understand why people say they are like iPhones. To the guys that shoot and carry Glocks, all of the upgrades (or downgrades in some people's views) are immediately apparent. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast