Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G19: The Once and Future King?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I like the Gen 5, I’ll wager it’s the best Glock produced to date, however I’m going to spend $500 on more ammo before I spend $500 on a gun thats virtually identical to the one I have save for a few “ergonomic” enhancements.
    I'll agree with this to the extent that at some point you have to stick with what you're used to instead of having to adopt the "latest and greatest" improvements. I mistakenly thought it was a good thing to adopt the Gen 5, but after shooting one with an unfamiliar trigger I went back to the Gen 4 because I'm used to it. I'd rather stay in practice with that and not try to get used to something new even if it's technically "better".

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Viable. Given the context of this discussion, and we are strictly discussing a no-bullshit, gunfighting pistol, the Glock 9mms are it. The end.

If dudes are more concerned with Instagram than slinging bullets downrange, there are plenty of more "viable" options out there.
    IDK what triggered you, but you came out of the gate foaming at the mouth with this. I didn't see anyone talking about fashion or whatever other assumptions you're making. Having options available in a free market really makes you this angry? Switch to decaf.

Agreed Glocks check most boxes, but I stop listening when anyone talks with the type of finality you are. Something else other than a Glock might work better for other people, end of story. There's great options out there without getting into the crap (XDs, etc.)

4 years ago my BIL bought a 9mm M&P, I took him out to show him the ropes and Jesus I shot better with that out of the box than I ever did with any Glock after thousands of rounds of work. More accurate and much faster with follow-up. Some of the discussion here leads me to believe that even in the face of something working better for me, I should apparently just take a swig of Glock koolaide and ignore it.

Between work, volunteer EMS, fathering some ankle-biters, etc. I don't have all the time in the world to shoot. So anything that helps me be better, I'm gonna go with it. And no, it won't affect my Instagram following one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    It's just a word for something to describe that has been happening for centuries to make the tools used by humans more efficient. It hasn't ruined the industry; it's helped grow it.
    Completely agree.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    For you ergo guys.

How many of you are running aftermarket/performance steering wheels in your vics? Genuinely curious.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    For you ergo guys.

How many of you are running aftermarket/performance steering wheels in your vics? Genuinely curious.
    Show me where I mentioned ergos.

But I'll bite, I had a Audi TT with top end build/larger turbo, water-meth, etc. that ran circuit and time attack-type stuff...had an aftermarket wheel. Sparco I believe. Smaller and better traction (vs stock leather wheel). Gloves bit better on the suede-like alcantara.

next question?
    Last edited by munch520; 10-26-17 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    If I wasn't so heavily invested in Glock my M&P could easily take over as my carry gun. It still may before too long. I just shoot them better and my tricked out IDPA gun is a M&P.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If I was directly addressing you, it would have been quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Show me where I mentioned ergos.

But I'll bite, I had a Audi TT with top end build/larger turbo, water-meth, etc. that ran circuit and time attack-type stuff...had an aftermarket wheel. Sparco I believe. Smaller and better traction (vs stock leather wheel). Gloves bit better on the suede-like alcantara.

next question?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I'll agree with this to the extent that at some point you have to stick with what you're used to instead of having to adopt the "latest and greatest" improvements. I mistakenly thought it was a good thing to adopt the Gen 5, but after shooting one with an unfamiliar trigger I went back to the Gen 4 because I'm used to it. I'd rather stay in practice with that and not try to get used to something new even if it's technically "better".
    No doubt, there’s a huge argument to be made for familiarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Crap. I've had the same G22 for like 15 years. I had to stipple it because it was so worn and slick. I think I'm due for my annual 50 round self administered qualification. (no joke)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If I wasn't so heavily invested in Glock my M&P could easily take over as my carry gun. It still may before too long. I just shoot them better and my tricked out IDPA gun is a M&P.
    This is where I’m at. People wanna act like I’m some investor for Glock or something. I don’t get it.

I’ve said it on here a dozen times at least - when a pistol comes around that will provide a benefit outweighing the cost of selling all of my Glock 19s and all of my Glock 19 magazines and all of my Glock 19 holsters I will gladly do it. I am not married to Glock. But I don’t see the P320 or M&P doing anything that’s worth losing $2,000 in G19s and mags. They can’t even figure out the part about getting the gun to shoot straight or not fire when dropped.

I’d love to get me some P30 with LEM triggers in my life, but one P30 with 6 mags is like $1,100. That’s a G19 Gen 5, 20 magazines and a case of ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A sobering thought:

All we ever are is a product of our bad habits, delusions, brainwashing, and blind hero worship.

Like in general. This is why we are killing our brothers and killing the Earf(Yes, I said Earf). And not only that but killing ourselves.

This thread makes me emo now.

Peace.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast