Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G19: The Once and Future King?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Once he became a leg humper in the M4CMHC, the quality went into the toilet. Check out his post history, you can see the declination.
    It’s too bad too, he used to be a good guy, just got in with the wrong crowd.
    You dont really know who or what you are talking about.

Honestly, In my years here I haven't seen anything you ever posted that really blew up my skirt.

Feel free to take it to PM if you like. But you are wrong

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I think we invest too much of our self value into firearms. I'm not saying specifically people on this site, but when I was working as an instructor when I first got out, I routinely overheard students saying things along the lines of "Oh, he's a Glock guy" or judging others for the caliber/construction they carry. There's absolutely no perfect answer in the world of firearm ownership, but I think we can all agree that being safer, more responsible, and better trained is always a better decision than to not be. After all, the gun itself is just a tool, and it's up to the user to determine what it does.

I firmly believe that at the end of the day, you gotta do what makes you happy. I know plenty of gun owners who don't carry daily. For many, it's something they enjoy as a hobby and nothing more. My great grandfather never once carried a firearm off of his farm. My grandfather never carried one after Vietnam, and my dad only owns one handgun and rifle. I myself have very few firearms and have not changed them too radically for the past 4-5 years. And yet, I hear people routinely comment on the "fighting value" or tactical-ness of a firearm setup when they themselves have no concept of what they speak. I'm far more respectful of a man who trains hard with what he has than someone who seeks validation by trying to buy skill.

I settled on the relatively "easy button" Glock 9mm because it was easy for me to learn to shoot well, had a ton of aftermarket support, and was affordable for a single E-4 to buy and shoot frequently. As I've come to shoot more and receive higher quality training, I've realized that I'm happy with my choice and have no need to change anything. I like to keep things simple, and I'm so heavily invested in the Glock that it wouldn't make much sense for me to leave it. I'm ultimately the limiting factor to how well it shoots, and I don't feel limited by the handgun I carry.

I've shot friends VP9s (fantastic) and M&Ps (liked it with an Apex trigger), have owned a well tuned 1911, and was fortunate enough to have exposure to a variety of domestic and foreign produced service handguns at different points over the last few years. As other posters have said: get training, learn your weapon, and use objective reasoning when determining what to upgrade on your weapon to better fill your needs.

As for why the Glock 19 is what it is: looking at it objectively, it's a relatively light weight, compact, easy to shoot handgun that is reliable, accurate, simple to maintain, and is in almost every significant supply channel imaginable. I feel confident maintaining it on my own and have enough spare parts to last a lifetime. Access to quality aftermarket support is easy, with holster and sight options seemingly endless. You can take a box of 147gr Lawman and shoot a 100 on a B-8 at 25 yards with one out of the box.

It's a great starter pistol to grow on. If you are able to find something that you shoot better, excellent. It's your decision to make, and ultimately, confidence is what you'll fight with. But there's no sense in brand superiority or being a dickhead because "guys overthink it" by not just carrying a G19 or "just being a fanboy" for keeping to what they know is a proven and capable weapon. You could do far, far worse than picking up a Glock 19 and never owning another handgun.

There have been many great posts in this thread, and I just wanted to throw a little in.

Shoot more, be happy. Life's too short to spend so much of it wrapped up in arbitrary bullshit like what gun someone chooses to own.
    This is one of the best posts I’ve read recently here on M4cpap.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Once he became a leg humper in the M4CMHC, the quality went into the toilet. Check out his post history, you can see the declination.
    Life’s funny sometimes you know? I mean there are things in life deserving of attention and seriousness but the internet and which pistol folks choose to invest their soul into? Nah, fam.

But hey whatever floats your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

You’re wrong. Lighten up. JP is high quality people.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Ryno's contributions to this forum is letting us know Tom Petty died, some BS about stripper clips and insulting jpmuscle. I don't see him out contributing with videos of him shooting, drills that can be run, or really anything of substance.

Everyone in GD wanna be like "Euro is a internet troll", but I don't see any of them throwing up shooting videos or contributing to skill based firearm's ownership. The people whining in this thread are the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    TL;DR: point 1) if its a tool, then who cares. Point 2) you say “all you need is a G19”, then proceed to modify every part on it.
    If you're going to call out the modifications of Glocks in this thread, you need to also acknowledge the same owner (I don't post pics or videos I find of google. All my shit is Grade A Eurodriver) shooting a bone stock Gen5 G19 at 160 yards. The truth is that there is no handgun in the world that will work with NV without modifications, and if you don't have NV you absolutely only need a stock G19.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-02-17 at 10:49.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Cute pistol.

Were those 10 shots you fired at 160 fired cold, or the ten you fired after you figured out where to hold?

There is a difference.

I shoot slugs at pepper poppers, and hit, one-handed at 75 yards, cold - it was a routine thing the range staff did called 'bragging rights slugs.' Are we special too?
    >euro posts video of him shooting at 160 yards with first round hitting to show how good trigger is on the Gen5 G19
    >faceless internet troll calls him out for not being good enough and says he is better with zero evidence
    >typical for internet
    >eurodriver stops contributing to M4C

Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Outstanding post!!!!

And 100% on target.

His posts on this thread sound like a pre-teen girl defending her favorite rock star. Remember the highly circulated video of the girl crying and slinging snot defending Britney Spears against any criticism? Same thing here except it's crying about perceived attacks on the Glock 19. Cry, sniffle, snort and whine.

It will go unheeded by That Guy I'm sure but many, many people are just like me. They really like Glocks in general and the Model 19 in particular. But, they may not think its the greatest handgun ever made. And that doesn't mean that they are stupid, potbellied, arm-chair-only shooters, or troglodytes.

This should be a discussion board and not a safe space where a snowflake goes to hear only opinions that agree with their own. And those who have a different opinion shouldn't be subjected to name calling or having their motives, shooting ability or physical fitness questioned.

Some person here needs to grow up.
    Who are you and what have you ever contributed to this forum?

The only snowflakes I see here are the people whining about me insulting them for not using a G19 (which like, totally didn't even happen oh my God! /teenage girl voice)

This thread could be very beneficial, but instead its turned into a "defend the G19 defenders" from internet trolls. Seriously. Why don't you guys post up some shit that actually matters instead of being so upset at what I write? There is an ignore button.

Of course, if you ignore me you'll have to go back to reading a forum where 99% of the threads are "What rail should I buy?". You'd probably like that though.

No need for an ignore. I need a timeout. I'm going to ban myself.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-02-17 at 10:56. Reason: Banning myself so the forum can return to equilibrium and discuss buying stuff over learning stuff
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I just don't understand the "why" of a lot of internet threads turning into insulting free-for-alls lately. Maybe the whole chat forum concept has run its course. Everybody who posts already knows everything and only posts to show how smart they are, it seems sometimes. And if someone disagrees they can't just offer valid reasons why their opinion is a viable alternative. Instead they have to also denigrate and insult the person who doesn't do exactly what they believe.

"You are obviously someone who has zero experience or credibility, and shouldn't even be posting because what you just posted doesn't follow the accepted body of knowledge or disagrees with what I think personally."

That should be the sig line for half the people on the internet lately. Because of it the forums are becoming vehicles to display nothing but mean-spirited narcissism instead of venues to share genuine knowledge. You sway opinions using facts and well-thought-out counter-arguments that might actually educate and change someone's mind instead of pounding your chest and showing your arrogant indignation.

Worse, you help portray the gun owning community as nothing but a bunch of dangerous, out-of-control bubbas.

Thanks for hurting the cause.

To read some of your posts, I'd be tempted to think you gobble 'roids before coming to the forum each day.

I will not single anybody out, but let's just say it is a malady even so-called respected "elite" members have displayed.

"Stop posting nonsense."

"You obviously have never (fill in the blank)"

"Your contributions to this forum are nothing but (fill in the blank)"

"Only a complete (fill in the blank) would post something like that"

I gotta say, it's a good thing some of you are anonymous because the way you talk would get your ass kicked or your balls shot off in a bar.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 11-02-17 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Damnit.

I know you gotta temper Euro, I have been lucky enough to know my own battles and have erred on the side of caution when discussing shite with yah.

Why: Because you know your stuff. You've spent far more time with far better equipment then I would ever dream of in my present time. So, I mostly listen. Thankfully we agree on many many things. Some biases that, admittedly, may have even embedded themselves in my brain from your own rhetoric and coin when discussing a topic.

Long story short, don't stop posting over this stuff, but also remember that opines will be drastic. Including our owns.

Thanks for contributing, brother. You start many a decent topics, open many a conversations. We've lost a lot of good folk to the dredge of commentary on here. Just know that your input doesn't go unnoticed.

I know my $.02 ain't worth even that, but hope it helps. I know I will be going Gen5 next due to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I just don't understand the "why" of a lot of internet threads turning into insulting free-for-alls lately. Maybe the whole chat forum concept has run its course. Everybody who posts already knows everything and only posts to show how smart they are, it seems sometimes. And if someone disagrees they can't just offer valid reasons why their opinion is a viable alternative. Instead they have to also denigrate and insult the person who doesn't do exactly what they believe.

"You are obviously someone who has zero experience or credibility, and shouldn't even be posting because what you just posted doesn't follow the accepted body of knowledge or disagrees with what I think personally."

I gotta say, it's a good thing some of you are anonymous because the way you talk would get your ass kicked or your balls shot off in a bar
    Amen to that... Sad, sad truth.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 11-02-17 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ryno's contributions to this forum is letting us know Tom Petty died, some BS about stripper clips and insulting jpmuscle. I don't see him out contributing with videos of him shooting, drills that can be run, or really anything of substance.

Everyone in GD wanna be like "Euro is a internet troll", but I don't see any of them throwing up shooting videos or contributing to skill based firearm's ownership. The people whining in this thread are the same way.

If you're going to call out the modifications of Glocks in this thread, you need to also acknowledge the same owner (I don't post pics or videos I find of google. All my shit is Grade A Eurodriver) shooting a bone stock Gen5 G19 at 160 yards. The truth is that there is no handgun in the world that will work with NV without modifications, and if you don't have NV you absolutely only need a stock G19.
    My intent was not really criticism. In retrospect it kinda looks that way. That post was more about opening discussion. I do own an expensive 1911, for what that’s worth.

Edit to add:

Don’t stop posting, Euro. You’ve made some good contributions around here and provide evidence for your opinions. I still reserve the right to disagree with many of your conclusions.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-02-17 at 11:46. Reason: Because

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Everyone, take a few minutes to re-read the posting guidelines here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...sion-Statement

And AC's wisdom here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...4C-Style-Guide

Remember that there are different ways to contribute to this forum; it's not just limited to sharing knowledge and experience. I'm not expecting folks to sing Kumbaya around a virtual campfire, but just treat their fellow members here with respect/deference. Any more posts that add fuel to the fire will get this thread locked - another one that had good potential that goes down in flames.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast