Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G19: The Once and Future King?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    In fact, this is exactly what the thread is about.

What is a true contender and what does it need to succeed?

To date even the best efforts amount to nothing more than niche players … unless you consider the P320 and … well … that has it's own issues, it seems.

Or do you think that is the actual sum of it?

Is Glock not viable for you and do you think your chosen alternative is legitimately capable of being a wide spread replacement?
    The word "viable", I think you need to look it up. Plenty of guns are "viable". If it were the case the Glock was THE ONLY viable pistol, their sales wouldn't be eclipsed by others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    That is why I turned one of my g17's into a 19l

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Pics? Explanation?

That seems like the Detonics Streetmaster. Not knocking as it seems like a neat idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Glock.

The end.

Everything else is just itch-scratching and wine sniffing.

Also, in before:

>b-but muh g-grip angle
    >b-but muh "ergonomics"
    >b-but muh "comfort"
    >b-but the trigger

Buy Glock. Shoot it. None of the the above listed amateur-hour gripes are quantifiable "issues." They're attitude problems.

You start "outshooting" the gun? Good. Get yourself a KKM barrel.

This is literally the easiest decision a potential handgun purchaser could possibly make.

You wanna throw bullets or put on a ****ing fashion show?
    This is a special level of arrogance. Not everyone has the same shape hand. Ergonomics and trigger pull do matter. This is why 2011's are so popular in the comp world. I used to shoot Glocks now I shoot a P320 much better.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 10-25-17 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    This is a special level of arrogance. Not everyone has the same shape hand. I used to shoot Glocks in steel challenge, now I shoot a P320 much better.
    Don’t drop the soap!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    It seems there isn't a month that goes by that there isn't a new "Glock Killer"

But how many have come and gone? How many had potential, hype, buy me, try me, best thing that ever was … only to cavitate into anonymity or implode around the hype?

I came out of a post SIG phase in carrying CZ PCR 2008-ish and bought into the M&P 1.0 hype-train … only to watch that spiral into trigger, barrel accuracy issues, etc. It wasn't platform ending or as bad as, say, the P320 drop snafu, but it really seemed to put the brakes on its adoption.

The list of challnegers is long and while the Glock may not intrinsically be perfect it reigns to this day … and I don't expect that is likely to change.

In no particular order and likely missing many:

S&W SW99
    Walther P99
    HK VP9
    Canik TP9
    P250
    P320
    PPQ/PPQ M2
    Caracal
    Steyr M9
    Beretta APX
    CZ P07
    XD/XDM
    FN FNS
    FN 509

(Whats missing?)
    Arsenal Strike One and Hudson H9.

I want to try the Gen 5 G19. That's about the only thing I could see replacing my Gen 3 G19. I do have a PPQ Navy that I refuse to get rid of, but it would never replace my 19.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    This is a special level of arrogance. Not everyone has the same shape hand. I used to shoot Glocks in steel challenge, now I shoot a P320 much better.
    I shot 1911's in IDPA matches better than any pistol I've ever held. When I applied for my CCW, I used a 1911. My shots were mostly in one hole. The instructor told me "I need you to disperse your rounds a little bit because I have to count the hits to grade your qualification." That is no exaggeration.

I cannot shoot that kind of one-hole accuracy with a Glock, no matter what flavor.

But I would trust a Glock to go bang every time I pull the trigger. I LOVE the 1911. I prefer the 1911 over any pistol. 1911's are fine pistols but have well-known issues that do not plague the Glock. That's why Glock is the best choice for a pistol that will save your life.

I need to investigate the P320. But isn't it kind of a "newbie" compared to Glock's 30+ years of proven ability? Not saying it isn't a good pistol, but how long has it been around to prove itself? Since 2014 or 2015?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-25-17 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a special level of arrogance. Not everyone has the same shape hand. Ergonomics and trigger pull do matter. This is why 2011's are so popular in the comp world. I used to shoot Glocks now I shoot a P320 much better.
    May I ask how many 2011s are in the combat world?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Viable. Given the context of this discussion, and we are strictly discussing a no-bullshit, gunfighting pistol, the Glock 9mms are it. The end.

If dudes are more concerned with Instagram than slinging bullets downrange, there are plenty of more "viable" options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    The word "viable", I think you need to look it up. Plenty of guns are "viable". If it were the case the Glock was THE ONLY viable pistol, their sales wouldn't be eclipsed by others.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Technically a Hi Point is "viable".
    They have a lifetime warranty and more than a few folks up in boot hill because of one.

To paraphrase (probably poorly so dont kill me) Ramairthree "I'm at an age where I just want an easy button"

Glocks are pretty much the easy button gun. Anything else is a preference or a whimsy.

Feedback Score

Glock G19: The Once and Future King?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Viable. Given the context of this discussion, and we are strictly discussing a no-bullshit, gunfighting pistol, the Glock 9mms are it. The end.

If dudes are more concerned with Instagram than slinging bullets downrange, there are plenty of more "viable" options out there.
    So CZ 75s, the most-carried duty pistol in the world, aren't gunfighting pistols? Sig P-series guns haven't been kicking ass? Or HKs? The P30 is arguably one of the most reliable, durable guns out there.

Glocks are a great gun, no doubt. I carry one and have for years. Glocks are easy and normal. They have the logistics game down, especially in the US. Glocks are just the world some people live in. They never step outside of that box. To say that's all there is is myopic.

Last edited by ghostly; 10-25-17 at 17:30.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast