Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries CZ Scorpion M-LOK handguard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Looks good. But is it worth $70 more than the HBI? Has anyone compared the two?

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...r-cz-scorpion/
    The HBI is slightly more narrow, lacks the QD sockets, doesn't have the 1030 and 0130 M-LOK slots, and is made of 6063 (which is suppose to be roughly half of 6061's strength, which is what MI uses). Edited: The 6063 was actually a typo by HBI, they have always used 6061 for their handguards.

I have an HBI, and have no plans to replace it, but would probably have gone with the MI if it had been around when I was shopping for handguards.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-15-18 at 13:27.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Midwest Industries CZ Scorpion M-LOK handguard

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The HBI is slightly more narrow, lacks the QD sockets, doesn't have the 1030 and 0130 M-LOK slots, and is made of 6063 (which is suppose to be roughly half of 6061's strength, which is what MI uses).

I have an HBI, and have no plans to replace it, but would probably have gone with the MI if it had been around when I was shopping for handguards.
    Thank you. That's definitely worth the extra money. The strength, QD's are great. The 10:30/1:30 M-LOK slots are the kicker. That's perfect for a Light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-28-17 at 08:44.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    Midwest Industries new M-LOK handguard for the CZ Scorpion is now shipping in a 6.75" length with other lengths coming soon.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/491.htm

Will you be selling the rail w/o the mounting nut? I'd like to use the short & long rail on the same gun. Thanks.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The mounting blocks are permanently attached . Our hand guard is attached with one cinch bolt. It is accessed from the side not shown . You can change lengths of our hand guards in less than a minute . Very easy install and removal .
    Thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I think the upcoming 4.25 will be perfect for what I want to do. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I just put my new MI rail on. It's awesome. Instalation was slick too. Just one screw. I need to find my spanner wrench to put the shorter three lug on my suppressor. It should save over an inch in OAL. I also need something to store my suppressor accessories in. I'm thinking a clear fishing tackle box. What are you guys using?

There was a sticker and a nice mouse pad in the box too. Perfect for this keyboard commando. I'm glad I made the switch.

Last edited by usmcvet; 11-07-17 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I just put my new MI rail on. It's awesome. Instalation was slick too. Just one screw. I need to find my spanner wrench to put the shorter three lug on my suppressor. It should save over an inch in OAL.
    Did it require any special tool to install or remove the old handguard? About to order one and wondering if I need the barrel nut removal tool.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can take the stock hand guard nut off with a open end metric wrench . I did with my personal Gun and that's why we now make that special socket. The open end wrench can be a challenge since CZ likes to use lots of loctite .
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I had the carbine length rail so I needed a 21 mm socke an extension and a 1/2" driver. It was liberally locktited!

The MI rail went on wicked easy! Buy one. You'll like it.

Last edited by usmcvet; 11-12-17 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Hate having to buy a tool for a 1 time use but that may be the safe bet. Not home to try a regular wrench right now and don't want to have to place 2 separate orders if a standard wrench doesn't work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast