Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Aimpoint ever going to design an optic comparable to an RMR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    They should not risk that business history by releasing any system that isn’t ready simply cause they have to have one to match Trijicon.
    I wasn't implying they should be rushing a product to market simply to compete with a competitor. Red dots on pistols have been in use for some time now in the competition world, granted that market isn't large enough to build an entirely new optic around. That being said, I would imagine that with the amount of interest in pistol mounted optics becoming ever so popular that they might have seen the trends and began working on a realistic competitor. People like having options to choose from and I would imagine having the Aimpoint name in the mix would certainly generate quite a stir in that community.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageBrew84 View Post
    I wasn't implying they should be rushing a product to market simply to compete with a competitor. Red dots on pistols have been in use for some time now in the competition world, granted that market isn't large enough to build an entirely new optic around. That being said, I would imagine that with the amount of interest in pistol mounted optics becoming ever so popular that they might have seen the trends and began working on a realistic competitor. People like having options to choose from and I would imagine having the Aimpoint name in the mix would certainly generate quite a stir in that community.
    Keep in mind they're a mil/LE focused company. There were about a dozen skids in shipping ready to go out to the US Army when I was there.

https://www.aimpoint.com/news/aimpoi...ptical-sights/
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 11-16-17 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Keep in mind they're a mil/LE focused company. There were about a dozen skids in shipping ready to go out to the US Army when I was there.

https://www.aimpoint.com/news/aimpoi...ptical-sights/
    No doubt they have contracts to fill, but the company has been around 40 years and the military didn't start using them until the 90's, meaning they were developing optics for sport shooters and hunters first. Needless to say, I'm sure that they wouldn't have been able to develop their R&D the way they have without the money they have garnered from .mil contracts. So, again, why not work on something other than having to use a T/H on a 6 second mount yet when they already have the bombproof optics to fill those other roles?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123