Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Aimpoint ever going to design an optic comparable to an RMR?

Feedback Score

Is Aimpoint ever going to design an optic comparable to an RMR?

I'm curious as to whether anyone has an answer to this? It seems that with the current trends of pistol optics becoming increasingly popular that Aimpoint would be coming to the table with their own platform. Instead they decide to continue miniaturizing an already incredibly reliable line of rifle optics when it would seem that they could put some of that R&D into a pistol format.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageBrew84 View Post
    I'm curious as to whether anyone has an answer to this? It seems that with the current trends of pistol optics becoming increasingly popular that Aimpoint would be coming to the table with their own platform. Instead they decide to continue miniaturizing an already incredibly reliable line of rifle optics when it would seem that they could put some of that R&D into a pistol format.
    They did. It is called the Nano.

C4

Feedback Score
    Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about that, but wasn't it developed and only being sold with a B&T pistol? Not only that, but its been well over a year since that system was announced, so where is the product development at? IIRC, it still looked to be a little on the bulky side as well.
    Last edited by SavageBrew84; 10-26-17 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about that, but wasn't it developed and only being sold with a B&T pistol? Not only that, but its been well over a year since that system was announced, so where is the product development at? IIRC, it still looked to be a little on the bulky side as well.
    Currently, it can only be had on the USW. I think that will change, but cannot tell you when.

C4

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up, if you happen to get any insider information on it, I'd love to hear about it.

BTW Grant, the new site looks great!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up, if you happen to get any insider information on it, I'd love to hear about it.

BTW Grant, the new site looks great!
    The insider info on this optic is that it was designed SPECIFICALLY at the request of B&T (which is also the reason you have the Aimpoint Micro). Since it was a purpose built optic, B&T has the sole source (in the form that you see it). Now that does not mean that Aimpoint won't make some changes to it and release it to the public.

Thanks for the feedback. My wife did all of the heavy lifting for it!

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Grant, since I have not seen it or handled it in person, will they most likely have to slim it down to fit on conventional pistol slides, or do you know if they plan it as a do-all similar to the Micro line?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    In case anybody wanted to get some hands-on time with one and had $2k to drop:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/USW-Un.../bt-430001.htm

I still think this thing is way to big to remotely compete with the RMR market if Aimpoint was to start selling them individually.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    In case anybody wanted to get some hands-on time with one and had $2k to drop:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/USW-Un.../bt-430001.htm

I still think this thing is way to big to remotely compete with the RMR market if Aimpoint was to start selling them individually.

It is bigger, but is nicer IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint's argument on the RMR is it stops working as soon as snow/dirt gets between the LED and the glass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast