Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody have hands on radical firearms Big bore uppers? (450 bushmaster)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    Glad to see someone here being a tester and that round. I was going for a 450 BM as a heavy short range round, I am interested in it but ammo available and have been sidetracked from it to 50 AA due to conversation I had with Bill Alexander. But still interested as a second choice.
    I think ammo availability is only going to get better due to the hunting implications of the round in the Midwest states. Currently I’m getting he hornady Black for about 1$ round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    450 did work on this yearly doe yesterday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody have hands on radical firearms Big bore uppers? (450 bushmaster)

I just bought this upper as well, for shotgun only hunting areas.

I didn’t want a bushy upper and this came with a decent looking MLOK rail and was about 1/2 the price of everything else, all also unproven, so figured what the heck.

I wanted to get a 458 but that doesn’t work in shotgun zones.

I had a pre-built lower with an SSA-E trigger group and VLTOR A5 on the rear.

Don’t have a scope or sights for it yet but will post my experience once I get an optic installed.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-02-17 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I just bought this upper as well, for shotgun only hunting areas.

I didn’t want a bushy upper and this came with a decent looking MLOK rail and was about 1/2 the price of everything else, all also unproven, so figured what the heck.

I wanted to get a 458 but that doesn’t work in shotgun zones.

I had a pre-built lower with an SSA-E trigger group and VLTOR A5 on the rear.

Don’t have a scope or sights for it yet but will post my experience once I get an optic installed.
    Word to the wise, check the gas port size. Mine came undersized and I’m turn was severely undergased.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah I need to get proper magazines before I draw any gas port conclusions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yeah I need to get proper magazines before I draw any gas port conclusions.
    I have a 5 round bushmaster that works ok but a 20 rd unmodified lancer mag I have found to work the best.

Feedback Score
    That Seekins rail is nice. The best part on the upper since it's not made by Radical lol
    How many rounds can you fit in the 20rnd mag?

Feedback Score
    If you do a search on reviews of Radical Firearms, you'll see a lot of strange failures.

7.62x39 barrels coming un-torqued under fire happened on several of them, for example.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    If you do a search on reviews of Radical Firearms, you'll see a lot of strange failures.

7.62x39 barrels coming un-torqued under fire happened on several of them, for example.
    Well it’s a hunting rifle so that isn’t much of a concern. Almost by default it can’t be worse than a shrubmaster.

Update: Mine went back to primary arms for either repair or exchange. It was basically a single shot rifle as when it actually extracted rounds, which it only did occasionally, I got a bolt over failure. So it appears they are severely under gassed. Hoping the 2nd one has the correct gas port size, but I think I will be disappointed. Primary was great to deal with and responded very quickly to my issues.

The worst part about these rifles is getting decent magazines that work correctly. Kind of overall disappointed with this caliber on this platform.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-14-17 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First thing, Primary Arms was excellent to deal with and provided outstanding customer service.

Stay well away from anything Radical builds. I went through two uppers, each barely even tried to extract or eject cases. Thinking there is a serious gassing issue on their rifles and they do not know how to build a rifle that functions properly.

Again, Primary handled both returns without questions and refunded my money after two dud uppers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12