Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q Trash Panda - short range report

Feedback Score
    HB can

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the video. I'm considering the trash panda for my next can and hadn't been able to find any end user videos out there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    HB can
    Oh man! I thought it used a Trash Panda, too. If I weren’t reducing my .300blk footprint, I’d be contemplating this...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The other 4 Q cans are larger in diameter (1.75") than most other cans.

The Honey Badger can is normal diameter (1.5" I believe) to fit under the handguard.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-29-17 at 14:05.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any more sentiments on the Q? Still happy?

Feedback Score
    Any reason no one has made a can that fits on surefire mounts?
    Im kind of hoping Q or deadair do(if its pissible). I went with surefire 5.56, but dont care for the 308 offerings(unless they make a 300sps k/short). The trash panda with surefire mount would be very interesting.

Feedback Score
    I got mine out of jail few weeks back and shot about 500 rounds through it in a class with a SIONICS 11.5 reduced gas port SBR. It's soft shooting and I didn't notice any first round pop. No measuring device was used, just ears designed by God. I had a Geissele Super Charging handle on mine and the only time I noticed extra gas to face was when I shot 40 rounds as quickly as possible from 4 different shooting positions. One other thing I like about it was it's lightweight (mine scaled in at 12.1 oz), the instructor who picked up my rifle for demonstration was surprised by how light it is.

Something I noticed about Trash Panda is that you will need to have it cool off for a few minutes before being able to remove it from the Cherry Bomb; I tried doing it with a ratchet and it wouldn't budge at all . I think Q has milled the Cherry Bomb and its contact points with the Trash Panda very precisely that after heat expansion (from shooting) they would bind up and create a tight seal that prevent gas leaking through threads as well as suppressor loosening.

All in all, it works fine.

Feedback Score
    How does it sound on a 5.56?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug556 View Post
    How does it sound on a 5.56?
    I think it sounds slightly deeper than SureFire RC2 due to larger internal volume. I went to a course where my classmate shot the RC2, but we didn't have sound meter so I can't give a definitive answer on which is quieter and quantify the difference; but they sounded different. With electronic ear pros and eye plugs, the loudest sound to my ear was the twang of my SpringCo Green spring. Here is a video on instagram of a guy shooting his trash panda:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhM0_OtBNcA/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Q Trash Panda - short range report

I still like the Trash Panda. It’s basically only getting used on my bolt 6.5 Grendel. I like that it’s light enough for a hunting rifle.

In reference to the Surefire mount question, for the TP, it would make the can longer and heavier. I’m not a fan of SF mounts, and don’t own any so I can’t say much more from experience, but this mount is very different from Dead Air, SF, AAC etc and the can is shorter and lighter because it is different. This is like ThunderBeast on a BattleComp instead of a two port brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12