Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Sight Sets You Favor and Why?

Feedback Score
    I can say that a group wanted a better "bump in the night" package that was SF 21 based with the ti-rant can a few years ago. Not EDC, but very thought provoking for uses. They preferred suppressor height sights in an unusual combination that placed the rear sight very close to the breach face, with the dual illumination RMR further behind that. The rear sight placement reduced the soot/ fouling accumulation on the lens. They had the ability to use irons or dot, depending on the environment. With both eyes open, the dot could be below the rear sight, but still make acceptable engagements.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Dawson adjustable sights. Black rear, FO front. Very crisp sight picture, rugged, and precisely adjustable for POA.

For non-irons, Trijicon RM09. Crisp 1 MOA dot and durable for a slide mounted red dot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trijicon HD. Front sight is relatively large and jumps out compared to rear in light, rear notch is not overly small, rear sight lends itself to racking on makeshift edges

My absolute favorite is the Trij HD with the yellow paint color up front and green front/yellow rear tritium. I only have one pistol with those, the yellow rear tritium part was hard to find

ETA: What do you know optics planet has those in stock right now for the basic Glocks for -only- $141
    Last edited by Warp; 10-27-17 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also use the XS sights, been using them for about 10yrs. I wasn't aware if there were other options with an oversized front sight when I found XS sights, but I am to this day amazed at how easily I can see the front sight with them, both on the draw and during recoil. I could never actually see the front sight clearly in recoil before, just a vague image. I like the rear vertical bar better than 2 dots, but don't particularly feel the rear sight shape is the best. I plan to try Trijicon HD's when I buy my next sights, to compare to the XS sights.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 10-28-17 at 00:15.

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Old school Heinie straight eight night sights on my duty pistol and my concealed carry.
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Trijicon HD’s due to the bold front and dark U-notch rear. I would rather not have anything illuminated or highly visible on the rear sight and find the HD’s rear tritium vials very inconspicuous. My primary and secondary duty handguns as well as my private carry guns all wear XD’s. Dawson fiber optic with a plain black rear would be my second choice for the same reasons.

If we are ever able to mount optics on our work pistols, I plan on giving the RMR or Nano a go. Do any of you find it difficult to go back and forth between irons and optics?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I also use the XS sights, been using them for about 10yrs. I wasn't aware if there were other options with an oversized front sight when I found XS sights, but I am to this day amazed at how easily I can see the front sight with them, both on the draw and during recoil. I could never actually see the front sight clearly in recoil before, just a vague image. I like the rear vertical bar better than 2 dots, but don't particularly feel the rear sight shape is the best. I plan to try Trijicon HD's when I buy my next sights, to compare to the XS sights.
    63 years old and like most folks over 50, I have presbyopia and it is a PIA. Used Big Dots for some time. Love the big front dot. Love the bar at rear. But the same as above post, consider shallow express rear notch the weak link in this system. Personal preference would be more defined notch with rounded bottom.
    The ultimate "old eyes" solution for me has been multifocal contact lens with lens power selected to see thumb nail clearly at arms length rather than conventional reading distance most optometrists default to (this is also optimal for computer work). This allows me to use conventional sights.
    On my Walther PPQ's I use an Ameriglo Pro Glo (use Glock site with small washer and LOTS of blue loctite; this has not failed over several years) and a 10-8 rear with rounded bottom. I find I am as fast as Big Dots, but have an advantage at 10+ yards.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon HD or Ameriglo pro glo sights. Priorities are bright green dot, i dot, then unotch.

I’m trying an rmr this month, so I can’t comment on that yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have really become fond of the Wilson Combat sights for the glock. The U rear black out notch just sucks my eyes to the front fiber optic sight. I have found I prefer the u rear notch vs the traditional square. How the wilson is only 1/2 serrated, around the outside edge, and the middle where the U notch is has no serrations is what my eyes now prefer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ameriglo BOLDs' (FBI's w/ a Square Notch Rear) with the .125 orange front swapped out with a Green .140 on the 19 & 26. On a 17, 17L or 34 I would stick with the .125 Front, or maybe if I was younger without presbyopia for all Glocks.
    I want to try the new FBI sights with the U Notch Rear as well. I will still swap to a Green .140 front though. I've shot U Notch before and couldn't get my head around them after a Lifetime of shooting Sq. notch rears, but maybe I will have another go at them.

I'm done with the Trijicons, tear you up and don't hit POA/POI @ 25 (at least for me) and they are expensive as well. Additionally, I also really like the CS over at Ameriglo: good Folks IMO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast