Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Sight Sets You Favor and Why?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Range gun" sights; .100" to .090" wide, green FO FS with "BoMar" type adjustable rear having .140" square notch.
    FS is thin enough there is a lot of daylight beteen FS and rear.

"Carry gun" sights; .125" serrated ramp or blade with Tritium vial for FS with Standard Novak or Heinie, fixed, rear sight.
    I shoot gun from bench (25 yds.) with carry ammo of choice- and order the FS of appropriate height to shoot right on top of the Tritium dot at 25 yds.

Feedback Score
    Ameriglo Hacks have them on 2 glock gen 4 19s I like then because they're low profile bright orange front sight with tritium and black rear sight. Easy to pick up only focus on the front sight
    I have Trijicon HD front with a Vickers battle sight u notch rear on my glock 17 but the sights are too tall for me.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    I like the warren tacs with the 3 lamp set up. Most 3 dot tritium sights on my stock sig and berettas are pretty decent though, so I don’t feel a great need to swap them out.

Tried the trijicon HD’s on my mk-25 and was shooting worse, so I swapped it back to stock.

Feedback Score
    For me, I don't think that there is a sight system available that does "great" in all lighting conditions. Hopefully, it won't be a unicorn chase in the end. Some factory sights are really good, same with some aftermarket ones, but not in all conditions. Without us being able to forecast the conditions for when we might require them, then this is still an evolving process.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I found myself migrating from tall front / full rear blade style of Heinies that I literally had on all my pistols before, to lower front sight post / minimalist rear sights. I found that I acquire shorter front sight faster than a tall one, and I also found how much rear sight plays out in concealment. That's for carry guns. Game guns, standard 0.100 fiber front / 0.120 LPA rear. Optic, none of them meet my criteria so I don't.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Redback One Enhanced Combat Sights with fiber optic front. Rear is serrated front and back with a wide notch, works great for single hand manipulations. Best sights I've found next to Heinie Straight 8s which I also have on a pair of guns with Ameriglo fiber optic front sights. I've found tritium sights are pretty much unnecessary for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been using the Ameriglo Defoor sights for a couple years now on two Glock 19's and one 17. I'm extremely happy with them, they hit POA/POI at 25 yards which is about as far as I spend any serious time training with a pistol. They are also cost effective and have a nice clean sight picture both in day light and low light in conjunction with my x300's.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon HD, Lime front. I pick up the lime front ring better than I do the orange which I have on my G19. I also own Ameriglo which are great for the money.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 10-28-17 at 23:00.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Amerigo CAP'S on 4 Glocks. Brightest sights Ive ever seen in pitch black...very easy to pickup fast in daylight.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I generally use Warren Tactical or WC/Vickers; both give great sight pictures and have features I like. If it is a range pistol or has a weapon mounted light I use a F/O. I lean toward a Trijicon HD-XR front on a carry pistol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast