Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller Files first Charges (MUELLER CONTENT GOES HERE)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Let's face it, the major problems with this whole issue spinning further out of control is because of AG Sessions exclusion.
    He needed a firm hand on the tiller of the entire Department of Justice.
    If Rosenstien thinks he can walk in the room and use threats against elected officials, he feels that way because Sessions doesn't have the balls to demand his resignation.
    At this point the IC has shown that some rather high ranking members are a part of the deep state. Ending that with a purge is needed.
    The MSM is doing it's best to divert attention. Wolf Blitzer decided to get loud and ugly with a member of the Intelligence Committee. Wolf was demanding the Democrats be allowed to release their response to the document.
    Of course that overlooks the fact that the FISA Court got BS'ed and the whole thing violates 4 th Amendment rights of everyone caught in a wide net.
    That Rosenstien is so balsy as to threaten to take this to an even higher level only shows how emboldened by this power they have become.
    Giuliani would make a good special prosecutor to investigate the FBI and DoJ.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I remember correctly Giulianni got caught in a scandal when he was Mayor of NY.
    We need someone beyond reproach.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you wanted the straight truth why not ask the Judges?
    Someone approved them, it's a simple matter the AG should be able to iron out with a half dozen phone calls.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you wanted the straight truth why not ask the Judges?
    Someone approved them, it's a simple matter the AG should be able to iron out with a half dozen phone calls.
    The whole "these are experienced jurists so there's obviously more to the FISA requests than the republicans say in the memo" argument that the democrats are trotting out flies in the face of repeated opinions from a wide variety of top DOJ officials that when the FBI asks for a FISA warrant, the judges in the FISA court just get out the rubber stamp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That being the case then FISA court should be abolished since it serves no gatekeeping purpose in practice. Stop all FISA warrants. It was established to grant surveillance outside of norms for very special cases. If it cannot properly restrict it then the court and entire warrant system should be abolished. And any outstanding warrants canceled.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    That being the case then FISA court should be abolished since it serves no gatekeeping purpose in practice. Stop all FISA warrants. It was established to grant surveillance outside of norms for very special cases. If it cannot properly restrict it then the court and entire warrant system should be abolished. And any outstanding warrants canceled.
    From 2013. NPR, no less...

https://www.npr.org/2013/06/13/19122...nment-requests

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We had the chance to do that and didn't do it just weeks ago.
    If you treat terrorism like crime you blur some lines in the justice system.
    Call Terrorists enemy combatants and Thier supporters, support staff.
    If you would then use FISA as a tool to fight enemy combatants and those who sponsor terror and exclude FISA from a tool to fight crime it would exclude a lot of this BS from happening.
    The idea of using FISA to gather information on criminal investigations allowed these guys to "target" a potential criminal but cast a net wide enough to gather information on Candidate for POTUS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Exactly. There are a lot of ideas of how to ore effectively police or protect the country. But human nature being what it is, many of those approaches open up avenues for abuse of individual rights and/or the constitutional process of government. And if it can be abused it will be abused. Our country was founded on the idea it is better to have less effective enforcement and more effective protection of due process and individual liberty and rights. We should not let the siren song of "better policing" or "more protection" lead us into a police state. Liberty is risky. To avoid the deaths of a few hundred or even thousand are we willing to have our government subverted, elections manipulated, and millions of Americans open to unconstitutional abuse, forever?

I hope this whole Nunes Memo situation does not stop with just rooting out the current liars and abusers. I hope it leads to a reconsideration and eventual elimination of FISA and ALL parallel construction investigations.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    I hope it leads to a reconsideration and eventual elimination of FISA and ALL parallel construction investigations.
    Absolutely. Dissolve FISA, throw out ALL parallel construction convictions, and conduct a good old fashioned purge at the highest levels of the DoJ and FBI, to include that beady-eyed arrogant bastard Rosenstein. I'd also fire a warning shot over the NSA's head that any of their personnel found "leaking" surveillance information for ANY criminal or political reason will be imprisoned.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-03-18 at 18:06.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Rosenstien thinks he can walk in the room and use threats against elected officials, he feels that way because Sessions doesn't have the balls to demand his resignation.
    Feckless ("Feckles") Session is not going to do anything. On the job almost a year with nothing to show for it.

Why did he ask Trump to fire Comey if he was not going to revisit the Clinton investigation? All that did was create a giant mess for Trump, with nothing in return.
    Last edited by Renegade; 02-03-18 at 18:36.

Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast