Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Match vs. WOLF SRM primers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

AR Match vs. WOLF SRM primers

Teaser for you primer lovers... we're going to shoot these head to head this weekend.

We'll see if AR Match can compete with the Gold Standard in primification.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If the Feds are better, just lie to me about, I spend enough buying 205s for benchrest. Plus Wolf sounds cooler

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Looking forward to it as all I have are Federal and am waiting to pick up some Wolf.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    If the Feds are better, just lie to me about,
    Better? Playoffs? Playoffs? Ha. I'm just trying to see if they can come close to Wolf.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m gonna doubt it. I haven’t seen a bench rest primer come close to the Ruskies yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I’m gonna doubt it. I haven’t seen a bench rest primer come close to the Ruskies yet.
    I know. Maybe I'll try them with TAC next weekend to see if ball powder changes things.

Feedback Score
    Always interested in the little things that can mean so much. This is a worthy attempt on your part and I do hope will yield some positive information (beyond what we already know.) Which is to say that the wolf primers were among the very best to be found at anytime or place.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hey, what did you find?

A couple of hours before I was going to meet you my wife says, "the water heater is leaking!" Now my back and legs are sore, so are my son's, and no shots fired for all the money spent. They sure cost a lot.

Well we got 15 years out of the gas heater anyway.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Test gun was the 20 inch Rem 700 5R. Wind was right to left, and we did not hold off. Just shot the groups.

The AR Match Primers shot good. They add velocity for sure.. +/- 20 fps. Here's the first 5 round string.

Velocity 2748 SD 22

We also shot a 5 round group with an oddball slow round that was in the 2600s. Velocity was 2735 with an SD of 44. I have to think that there was a powder charge issue or a bad chrono read.

Wolf killed these primers on SD. First 5 round group was 2729 SD 9, and the second group was 2710 with an SD of 6.

We also shot a group with another lot of WOLF that ran 2690 SD 11

The bottom line was that the groups were comparable, but Wolf crushed these primers on velocity consitency.
    Last edited by markm; 10-29-17 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    While I haven’t tried the Wolf primers, I do have the Federal premium AR primers. They seem to be sufficiently harder than standard primers to cause my Remington model 7 300BLK to have “light primer strikes”. In some instances it will take a couple of ties to get it to fire. I was hoping I could find a load that would work in 2 AR’s, the Rem 7, and the Handi rifle.

Perhaps I’ll try the Wolf primers.
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast