Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt45648 View Post
    What about an adjustable gas key?
    I think Mist touched on this earlier. Placing a restricting orifice at the gas key is the worst place to do this. Gas pressure should be regulated/restricted as close to the gas port in the barrel as feasible.

While I don't think it would be what one would term an instant catastrophic failure, it certainly introduces an additional failure point.

So, #1) Don't go that route

And #2) if you simply must, I would plan on it failing and have a spare gas tube, BCG, and gas tube roll pin on hand.

Lastly, #3) Don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I think Mist touched on this earlier. Placing a restricting orifice at the gas key is the worst place to do this. Gas pressure should be regulated/restricted as close to the gas port in the barrel as feasible.

While I don't think it would be what one would term an instant catastrophic failure, it certainly introduces an additional failure point.

So, #1) Don't go that route

And #2) if you simply must, I would plan on it failing and have a spare gas tube, BCG, and gas tube roll pin on hand.

Lastly, #3) Don't do it

Ah.. I used one on an LMT MWS once because I was having extreme back pressure when shooting suppressed.... felt like getting punched in the shoulder by Mike Tyson... But I was in a different situation with that rifle.... sorry for the bad advice

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt45648 View Post
    Ah.. I used one on an LMT MWS once because I was having extreme back pressure when shooting suppressed.... felt like getting punched in the shoulder by Mike Tyson... But I was in a different situation with that rifle.... sorry for the bad advice
    If it's your only option, I guess it's your only option. But for others, they would be best benefited by using an adjustable gas block.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    So. I now pretty much hate this rifle.
    It no longer functions on any setting. Heavy buffer, light buffer, heavy spring, light spring, open gas, closed gas, suppressed, unsuppressed.
    Unsuppressed, it's not ejecting right. It will sometimes lock back on an empty mag, but the brass remains in the chamber, sometimes facing forwards, sometimes backwards. Stovepipes are common, double feeds, etc.
    I already swapped my extractor spring as recommended here.
    What the hell is going on? Is there a professional that I can send this to (maybe someone who also has an Omega) to get it working? I'm fed up.
    An extremely expensive hunk of junk.
    Last edited by masakari; 05-01-18 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    So. I now pretty much hate this rifle.
    It no longer functions on any setting. Heavy buffer, light buffer, heavy spring, light spring, open gas, closed gas, suppressed, unsuppressed.
    Unsuppressed, it's not ejecting right. It will lock back on an empty mag, but the brass remains in the chamber, sometimes facing forwards, sometimes backwards. I already swapped my extractor spring.
    What the hell is going on? Is there a professional that I can send this to (maybe someone who also has an Omega) to get it working? I'm fed up.
    An extremely expensive hunk of junk.
    Bummer. 😕

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    The only thing that I changed since last time, when it was almost working, is the extractor spring. I ordered the one recommended here, and by the company themselves. I installed it without the oring, as per their recommendation. I'll install the oring and try again tomorrow I guess.
    I'm sick of this rifle being so finicky. I just want something that works. It used to... But I feel like I'm constantly ordering parts now, and each time it's getting worse. I've gotten a heavy buffer, heavy spring, adjustable gas block, and extractor spring. My goal was for it to work with and without the Suppressor, but now it doesn't work at all.

Is the gas port the problem? How do I fix that?
    Is the gas block the problem? I've tried adjusting it all over.
    Buffer? Extractor? Combination?

I want to hurl this off a cliff, get my money back, and start again... With a SCAR or something.
    Last edited by masakari; 05-01-18 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I feel bad for you man, it sucks you have busted your balls and still no great experience. Ive been following and in this thread. Sell it and buy an LMT. I know it seems like the easy answer, but really if you could life would be better. Sometimes you can buy the lower end stuff and it works out, other times, you cant.

At some point you have to throw in the towel. Treat yourself if the funds are available.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I feel bad for you man, it sucks you have busted your balls and still no great experience. Ive been following and in this thread. Sell it and buy an LMT. I know it seems like the easy answer, but really if you could life would be better. Sometimes you can buy the lower end stuff and it works out, other times, you cant.

At some point you have to throw in the towel. Treat yourself if the funds are available.

PB
    My biggest problem is that it WAS working. Now it's not at all.
    Definitely don't have funds available to buy anything else, and I know I'd take an enormous hit selling this. I think that my only choice is to keep trying to get it to work, but... I don't know where to go from here.

Feedback Score
    Well shit, guess I'm not filling out a paperwork on a suppressor anytime soon. Thanks for the update, I'm getting MOA groups with 1 or 2 flyers and going to replace the trigger and throwing on a surefire comp, but also wanted this for a pig hunt that my brother and law are planning for next year.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    What is the condition of the extractor (and its claw)? Pics of that might help. I swapped in a JP enhanced bolt (with enhanced extractor) on my 308AR and things smoothed out very nicely for me. Unfortunately that is more money to spend which might not be the direction you want to go.

Does the ejector move freely about the cabin? I cycle it in and out with a punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast