Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

M&P10, functions 100% without suppressor. Long ago, gas port was opened slightly (.068 to .073 I think) in order for it to function reliably with surplus ammo. Currently, I'm using an H2 buffer.
    With the suppressor mounted, I get stovepipes/brass obstructions every 3-5 shots. Sometimes sticking out like a regular stovepipe, sometimes facing forward like a double feed, but one is empty brass. Rifle seems to feed the next round every time though, it's just that the brass is in the way.
    Rifle is very gassy.
    Thoughts? Try H3 buffer?
    My gas block is pinned, so I don't really want to swap that.
    Thanks
    Last edited by masakari; 05-02-18 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post

M&P10, functions 100% without suppressor. Long ago, gas port was opened slightly (.068 to .073 I think) in order for it to function reliably with surplus ammo. Currently, I'm using an H2 buffer.
    With the suppressor mounted, I get stovepipes/brass obstructions every 3-5 shots. Sometimes sticking out like a regular stovepipe, sometimes facing forward like a double feed, but one is empty brass. Rifle seems to feed the next round every time though, it's just that the brass is in the way.
    Rifle is very gassy.
    Thoughts? Try H3 buffer?
    My gas block is pinned, so I don't really want to swap that.
    Thanks
    If you don’t want to use an adjustable gas block then your other option is a heavier buffer. I would try Clint’s XH buffer.

If that still doesn’t work you might end up swapping gas blocks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve had excellent results using XH buffers in 7.62 AR’s with the Omega suppressor. I experienced the same issues as you when shooting suppressed but a ~10 oz buffer was the cure. I have one on my LE901 currently and that thing is still a little over-gassed.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I’ve had excellent results using XH buffers in 7.62 AR’s with the Omega suppressor. I experienced the same issues as you when shooting suppressed but a ~10 oz buffer was the cure. I have one on my LE901 currently and that thing is still a little over-gassed.
    Will that type of heavy buffer still function fine without the suppressor?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If it works suppressed, it should be fine unsuppressed. I would pair it with one of the Wolff springs. Send him an email, he’s quick to respond and can usually get your issues like those solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mine do, especially the Colt, but I’ve never shot an M&P so I can only speculate. As I’m sure you know, you’ll need enough ammo pressure to overcome the weight of the buffer without the added back pressure from the suppressor. I shoot handloads consisting of 155 gr AMAX’s and 44.0 grains of Varget or TAC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Over gassed.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score

M&P10 hates suppressors

I think that could be the better name... I'm running a SpringCo orange and 9mm buffer and still have some of the same with SpecWar 7.62 or Omega with included impact marks on receiver extension, receiver and substantially felt recoil. I don't have as much using steel case ammo but. Only fix will be adjustable gas block, I'm debating a insert or that.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    I experienced the same thing with a 308AR (PSA Gen 1). An adjustable gas block solved all my reliability issues. I went with a Syrac Ordnance and it was easy to tune for both suppressed/unsuppressed on one setting. I recommend you go a similar route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to see many base 7.62 ARs over gassed. Many manufactures and individuals choose to increase the port size to the lowest port pressure ammunition as a band aid in a permanent way without choosing other alternatives that are not permanent, i.e. reduced action mass. That band aid reduces function when some other combinations get involved, especially cans.
    It is not that difficult to tailor action masses for most for uses in a non permanent way. When the base port gets opened to the point that regular action masses are towards the heaviest side, then you have reduced options when variables, like a can for example get involved. There are other negatives associated with this, as a larger base port diameter will erode into a larger tear drop shape much faster and in length than a smaller one. Restricting the gas outside the base port does not reduce that, the erosion is from the base region exposed to the gas seal provided by the projectile as it passes that.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast