Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    S&W ported the MP-10 to be properly gassed with commercial pressure ammo. With the Omega in place, it's likely over gassed. However, the rifle in question is also exhibiting extraction problems. Change the extractor spring
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As others have said, it's over-gassed. You can try an H3 buffer, but that will affect your non-suppressed cycling as well (which isn't ideal if it's already functioning 100% non-suppressed). An adjustable gas block would be the better solution, as you can set it for both suppressed and non-suppressed shooting.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 10-30-17 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Tried the H3 buffer today, got this after 4 rounds, basically the same thing as before. Sometimes it's just like this, but the spent brass is facing forwards as a double feed.
    So, overgassed. What exactly is happening? Is the bolt moving so fast that it's trapping the brass before it has time to escape?

My options are:
    1- try an even heavier buffer and/or spring to slow the action
    2- get an adjustable gas block to replace my current one (BCM set screw, that was also pinned through the barrel)
    3- do nothing. This rifle is primarily for unsuppressed use anyway.

Thoughts on the gas block type since mine is pinned?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    the rifle in question is also exhibiting extraction problems. Change the extractor spring
    I'd be curious what the result would be if you did this. ^^^^

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    I'd be curious what the result would be if you did this. ^^^^
    I don't believe that it's having extraction issues, if anything it's ejection. But the rifle isn't old enough to have those go bad, and both are great unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post

Tried the H3 buffer today, got this after 4 rounds, basically the same thing as before. Sometimes it's just like this, but the spent brass is facing forwards as a double feed.
    So, overgassed. What exactly is happening? Is the bolt moving so fast that it's trapping the brass before it has time to escape?

My options are:
    1- try an even heavier buffer and/or spring to slow the action
    2- get an adjustable gas block to replace my current one (BCM set screw, that was also pinned through the barrel)
    3- do nothing. This rifle is primarily for unsuppressed use anyway.

Thoughts on the gas block type since mine is pinned?
    I believe that is exactly what’s happening (bolt carrier speed). I again suggest a heavier buffer.

Personally, I want my .30 caliber suppressor to work with my .30 caliber should I have the desire to use both in conjunction even thought I, like you, shoot my AR10 primarily unsuppressed.

I don’t use adjustable gas blocks so can’t comment. I’ve never had a problem removing pinned low-pro blocks in general
    Or BCM blocks in particular so I don’t think it’ll be a problem for you.

Feedback Score
    This pic looks like the rifle is overgassed which is causing the action to move violently enough to allow the extractor to lose control of the empty casing during extraction. A stronger extractor design/spring/o-ring may help but its just a band-aid (unless of course your extractor spring is actually weak/worn).

I still vote AGB. If you use the rear, already existing barrel dimple and thread locker you'll be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    An H3 is something like 5.5oz, right? The XH buffer mentioned earlier is almost 10oz. If I recall. It should be enough mass to slow your bolt down enough for proper extraction. Since you said you’d want to avoid replacing the GB - I’d try that first. If that doesn’t work then I’d add the adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeref View Post
    An H3 is something like 5.5oz, right? The XH buffer mentioned earlier is almost 10oz. If I recall. It should be enough mass to slow your bolt down enough for proper extraction. Since you said you’d want to avoid replacing the GB - I’d try that first. If that doesn’t work then I’d add the adjustable gas block.
    What about a SpringCo orange spring? That was also recommended to me, and confirmed through SpringCo.
    Less cycling mass, more resistance. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    What about a SpringCo orange spring? That was also recommended to me, and confirmed through SpringCo.
    Less cycling mass, more resistance. Thoughts?
    A stronger extractor spring might help you
    A heavier buffer might help you
    A stronger buffer spring might help you
    An adjustable gas block will almost certainly help you

I battled an overgas condition in my 308AR with a variety of extractor springs, buffers, buffer springs. They helped. But when I installed (and tuned) an AGB all my feed, extraction, ejection issues went away. YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast