Thread: Pain in back shoulder

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Pain in back shoulder

I developed a pain in my back, just to the left of my right shoulder blade. I believe it is either a trap or rhomboid strain. What lifts would be most likely to stain either. I hate to lay off completely but I don't want to do any lifts that might prolong the injury.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Consider the possibility of a bulging disc in the neck. C5-C6 in particular can cause pain on the inside of the shoulder blade asthe only symptom.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Consider the possibility of a bulging disc in the neck. C5-C6 in particular can cause pain on the inside of the shoulder blade asthe only symptom.
    Geez, Hmac. Instead of making the guy worry or waist a trip to some MD that will shake his head and offer a handful of pills that won't help how about we go for the most likely diagnosis? It's probably a pissed off muscle. Stick a lacrosse ball on it and make it hurt or find an Active Release Techniques provider to check it our for you. If you get no relief from that, then you take the next step.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Geez, Hmac. Instead of making the guy worry or waist a trip to some MD that will shake his head and offer a handful of pills that won't help how about we go for the most likely diagnosis? It's probably a pissed off muscle. Stick a lacrosse ball on it and make it hurt or find an Active Release Techniques provider to check it our for you. If you get no relief from that, then you take the next step.
    Geez Panzer. That sounds like good advice. In fact, it’s exactly what I did when I blew out C6 and a lacrosse ball didn’t fix it.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Geez Panzer. That sounds like good advice. In fact, it’s exactly what I did when I blew out C6 and a lacrosse ball didn’t fix it.
    So, what you're saying is this guy should jump to disc herniation because of your singular experience? Really now, Doctor?
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    So, what you're saying is this guy should jump to disc herniation because of your singular experience? Really now, Doctor?
    Is that what I’m saying?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    C5/C6, same pain, plus headaches. Sure, release is great when it works, but when it doesn't get relief, don't piss around hoping the result will change.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I had the same type pain several weeks ago but only on the left side. It went away and then the pain moved to the right side. In 2003 I had a posterior cervical foraminotomy at C5-6 and C6-7 and have not had any issues since. The present pain does not mimic the pain in 2003. Pain in 2003 was primarily right arm pain, nothing in the back shoulder area.