Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blast Forwad Device

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I sure never saw a KX3 throw that much flash but not saying it couldn't happen. When they get packed full of carbon, they don't do as good of a job, that I have observed. Happy to say I have almost zero experience with 7.5" barrels, that doesn't help either though, pretty sure ;-).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I sure never saw a KX3 throw that much flash but not saying it couldn't happen. When they get packed full of carbon, they don't do as good of a job, that I have observed. Happy to say I have almost zero experience with 7.5" barrels, that doesn't help either though, pretty sure ;-).
    Same here with my KX5, even the comments on the first video are calling BS and saying he's using crappy ammo on purpose.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My KX3 has a decent flash signature ( definitely as others have stated much more pronounced with dirty ammo,) but what did people expect from a product literally called the "Flaming Pig." I have it on a 13.7 carbine and have been very happy with mine. I have cleaned the cone, as it was recommended maintenance for the unit when I received it. Don't recall having any issue with it's removal or re installation like others have stated though. I like it particularly when shooting with others, my friends commented on how much less side blast they notice when I shoot it.

Feedback Score
    I had a spikes barking spider on my 300 blk sbr until my can came it. It seemed to reduce noise at my ear while also increasing back pressure enough to cycle subs without the can.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I just returned from trying out the Griffin blast shield on a taper mount flash-comp (old style with the holes, not slots) - 16” 300BLK. I’d previously used the shield on an SBR with mini-brake where it makes a big difference to shooter and neighbors. Still offensive so the suppressor is full time now.

On the long barrel sound improvement was noticable (150g supers) on a covered bench, but minimal compared to the 9”. My main purpose was to see how the recoil, POI was affected. No difference that I could tell. I think I’ll leave it on in lieu of the thread protector just for the tiny can look.

My fingers were frozen so I had a short session. Flaky white stuff falling now.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Most other linear blast type devices do not address flash effectively.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    If an AR leaves your ears ringing for days with plugs in, outdoors, there's something wrong. Either they're horrible plugs or you don't have them inserted properly. Are they sticking out of your ears much? They should be in there DEEP.
    Last edited by Junkie; 11-03-17 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    If an AR leaves your ears ringing for days with plugs in, outdoors, there's something wrong. Either they're horrible plugs or you don't have them inserted properly. Are they sticking out of your ears much? They should be in there DEEP.
    Not sure if you are referreing to my OP, but if so, I wasn't wearing plugs at the time, just muffs, and the seal on the right side was broken from contact with my rifle stock just as I took the shot. These were older muffs, with "fat" ear cups. I have since learned my lesson, and I run foam plugs (typcially 29db 3Ms or 33db Howard Leight Max) along with muffs no matter what or where I am shooting. I have a set of Walker 31db muffs and a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic muffs rated at 22bd - both thin enough to not be a problem with my rifle stock. The Sordins were always out of my price range, but I may have to rethink this.

Having read all the responces here, I think the rational for my OP was not well thought out. The BFD seems to do a good job of reducing the debris kickback, concussion and "crack" when outdoors, but aren't going to do what I had wanted indoors. If I don't want a suppressor and I want to protect my hearing should I ever need to use my firearm indoors, it looks like I need to invest in high end electronic muffs and keep them ready for immediate use.

If I have time to get to my rifle, I should have time to throw on a set of muffs.
    Last edited by moonshot; 11-05-17 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Not sure if you are referreing to my OP, but if so, I wasn't wearing plugs at the time, just muffs, and the seal on the right side was broken from contact with my rifle stock just as I took the shot. These were older muffs, with "fat" ear cups. I have since learned my lesson, and I run foam plugs (typcially 29db 3Ms or 33db Howard Leight Max) along with muffs no matter what or where I am shooting. I have a set of Walker 31db muffs and a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic muffs rated at 22bd - both thin enough to not be a problem with my rifle stock. The Sordins were always out of my price range, but I may have to rethink this.

Having read all the responces here, I think the rational for my OP was not well thought out. The BFD seems to do a good job of reducing the debris kickback, concussion and "crack" when outdoors, but aren't going to do what I had wanted indoors. If I don't want a suppressor and I want to protect my hearing should I ever need to use my firearm indoors, it looks like I need to invest in high end electronic muffs and keep them ready for immediate use.

If I have time to get to my rifle, I should have time to throw on a set of muffs.
    IMHO
    You don't need high end ear muffs
    I've been to many uspsa matches and even the grandmaster
    Level shooters usually are seen using $40 Howard leight electronic muffs
    I believe The sordins would probably be more suited for heavy
    Field use and with comms units

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

It sounds like our BRT Covert Comp would meet your needs nicely.

As mentioned before, they do a nice job of knocking the blast down, even on a short barrel.

We routinely shoot with just earplugs and it is a non-issue.

There is no noticeable increase in gas drive with the Covert Comp.
    i concur with Clint - http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...5/covert-comp/

i have an extra one i can offer you: BRT Covert Linear Compensator (223/308 dual-size using their special insert: 1/2x28 and 5/8x24), tested once, like new

if interested, email me at wileycoyote4u (at) gmail.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast