Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever have to replace the electronics on an RMR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With the rice trick place it in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Oh damn, disregard my previous post. I thought you were just being cautious.

Any guidance from Trijicon?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Damn. That stinks. Hope the rice or Trijicon do the trick.

Reason # 12352778632 why I had hopes that version 2.0 of the RMR would be about .100” or so narrower.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Damn. That stinks. Hope the rice or Trijicon do the trick.

Reason # 12352778632 why I had hopes that version 2.0 of the RMR would be about .100” or so narrower.
    Well, just be sure to run it with the plate?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Oddly enough, I think the rice may have worked. I can cycle through all of the brightness settings now and so far it has remained on and at the proper setting for 2-3 minutes. I'll check back periodically, but it has definitely improved. Trijicon hasn't gotten back to me yet but I'll probably still send it in when they do, just to be sure since it sits on my primary handgun.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Any updates on this? Has Trijicon responded? None of their info or manuals say the sealing plate is needed for the water resistance rating, at least not that I can find. Thinking I should re install my RMRs with the sealing plates. Cheap insurance I guess.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm interested in this too. I've got under 1000 rounds through my RMRd Glock and it just started doing the whole flicker under recoil thing. I'm thinking the screws were loosening up so I reapplied some loctite, bent the battery contact out, and put a piece of electrical tape under the battery and I'll be back to the range tomorrow.

On a related note, I emailed Trijicon this morning and they responded in about 3 hours so if they still haven't responded to you, it might be a good idea to send another email their way.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Oddly enough, I think the rice may have worked. I can cycle through all of the brightness settings now and so far it has remained on and at the proper setting for 2-3 minutes. I'll check back periodically, but it has definitely improved. Trijicon hasn't gotten back to me yet but I'll probably still send it in when they do, just to be sure since it sits on my primary handgun.

I think they responded a day or two after this post. I sat on it for a few days and decided to send it back even though the electronics seemed fine. One of the buttons was being difficult, I think maybe from holster wear so I figured I’d have them take a look at it just to be safe. They sent me an email saying that it was received on Friday I believe, will update when they inspect it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Trijicon emailed me today stating that it would be repaired or replaced under warranty. Hopefully they’ll let me know what the issue is, but that’s awesome customer service and I’m glad that I sent it in.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Got the RMR back on 26 DEC. Works perfect and they even replaced the glass I think, since there was a chip that is now gone. Solid warranty work.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast