Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SF XC1-B, 300 lumens

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Rhino can we count on some feedback after some rounds down range etc?
    Absolutely.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just received my XC1B and initial impressions are the momentary vs constant setup is better than expected.

Basically, to turn it on constant with the paddles, press and release - honestly it's more like a tap - if hold it even a smidge more and it's temp light. All of my normal momentary activation muscle memory gets me momentary. The manual says more than 1/10th of a second gets you temp and that seems accurate.

Not as nice as a dedicated method like the X300 setup, but not as bad as the Inforce WML temp, where you had to hold if for like a second to be temp.

Might get some rounds down range tomorrow, we'll how the Weather holds.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I just received my XC1B and initial impressions are the momentary vs constant setup is better than expected.

Basically, to turn it on constant with the paddles, press and release - honestly it's more like a tap - if hold it even a smidge more and it's temp light. All of my normal momentary activation muscle memory gets me momentary. The manual says more than 1/10th of a second gets you temp and that seems accurate.

Not as nice as a dedicated method like the X300 setup, but not as bad as the Inforce WML temp, where you had to hold if for like a second to be temp.

Might get some rounds down range tomorrow, we'll how the Weather holds.
    Thx for that Rhino, any further info. as ya get more time w/ it is also bueno.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Went to the range today to shoot some of the Glocks - a troublesome G43 which fortunately is all good now, and two G19 Gen 4s (my EDC and backup/training guns). I moved the original XC1 to the backup (bumped off an original X300) and put the XC1B on the EDC.

Didn’t put as many rounds as I would have liked through it, only 90 per G19 and 150 through the G43.

Before each string of fire, I put the XC1B on constant via the paddle switches - it stayed on every time, to include some rapid fire drills. I imagined that would be the easiest way to get it to flicker, as opposes to the hard cross bolt constant switch (for lack of a better term). But it stayed on the entire time, no flicker or turning off.

I aim to shoot it more often until I get to at least 1K rounds through it, but so far, so good.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 01-27-18 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So far I’m pleased with my XC1-B. It has replaced my APL-C on my G19 for EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Been raining every day I have wanted to shoot more, but I did get a quick session yesterday breaking in some G19X magazines and a different G19. The G19.4 with the XC1B only 76 rounds, half Wolf half 147+P HST. Zero issues, as one would expect with that and lots of holster time.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    170rds of Wolf 115gr FMJ and 60rds Federal HST 147gr +P this weekend while setting up a Glock 19.

Daytime shooting but the light stayed on when it was supposed to and shows zero issues.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am hoping Surefire upgrades my XC1 to a B when they diagnose what is wrong with it lol, seriously though it's the best size for a carry light IMO.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah it sucks to get a lemon.

My original XC1 works fine, been carrying it for 15 months or so but I wanted the extra lumens and easier constant on feature. Now it's on the spare.

I bet if they have to replace it you'll get an XC1B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12