Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO update

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trijicon MRO update

Apparently the new MROs no longer have the slight magnification of the earlier versions.

From their website "The Trijicon MRO Manufactured before Serial number 89,000 did have a very slight magnification of 1.05x which is within the range of competitive reflex-style sight. Responding to customer feedback Trijicon adjusted the magnification in MROs with a serial number of 89,000 or higher to have a magnification of 1.00x or no magnification."

Anyone have one of these newer models? If so, have you been able to compare it to the pre 89,000 models? Mine is SN 44,xxx and definitely has some magnification. If no magnification on the latest and greatest isn't fake news, I'll call to see if they're doing free upgrades for the early adopters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJinPA; 10-30-17 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mine is in the low 70s but Im wondering if the new models are even out there yet. I got mine prob about 6 months ago. The magnification has been my only complaint. Well that and its ugly af but whatever. I actually forget about the magnification once I start shooting but if they offer an upgrade Id be interested. If you talk to Trijion please let us know what they say about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmm46 View Post
    Mine is in the low 70s but Im wondering if the new models are even out there yet. I got mine prob about 6 months ago. The magnification has been my only complaint. Well that and its ugly af but whatever. I actually forget about the magnification once I start shooting but if they offer an upgrade Id be interested. If you talk to Trijion please let us know what they say about it.
    I don't notice it either when I start shooting but it was also my only complaint. I called Trijicon today and they issued an RA # and said that if I ship it back, they'll update. Was told by the customer service rep that there should not be a charge. I'll update here after I complete the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Apparently the new MROs no longer have the slight magnification of the earlier versions.

From their website "The Trijicon MRO Manufactured before Serial number 89,000 did have a very slight magnification of 1.05x which is within the range of competitive reflex-style sight. Responding to customer feedback Trijicon adjusted the magnification in MROs with a serial number of 89,000 or higher to have a magnification of 1.00x or no magnification."

Anyone have one of these newer models? If so, have you been able to compare it to the pre 89,000 models? Mine is SN 44,xxx and definitely has some magnification. If no magnification on the latest and greatest isn't fake news, I'll call to see if they're doing free upgrades for the early adopters.
    We got some 90k serials in July and haven't seen a Trijcion MRO over 85k since...

I did happen to be updating the website at the time so you can see a picture of one of the unicorn Trijicon MRO sights here: Scalarworks Leap Trijicon MRO bundle.

We likely won't be stocking any more MRO's until Trijicon can get us 89k+ serials.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    We got some 90k serials in July and haven't seen a Trijcion MRO over 85k since...

I did happen to be updating the website at the time so you can see a picture of one of the unicorn Trijicon MRO sights here: Scalarworks Leap Trijicon MRO bundle.

We likely won't be stocking any more MRO's until Trijicon can get us 89k+ serials.
    Good to see they exist. Were you able to look through any of the 90k + serials that you had in stock?

Feedback Score
    Good to see they exist. Were you able to look through any of the 90k + serials that you had in stock?
    We inspect every MRO for function prior to, and after, attaching them to one of our mounts. Unfortunately these checks wouldn't catch the sort of magnification reduction Trijicon are claiming.

Trijicon didn't tell us that these were in any way different than what we had been getting previously so we just used them to fill customer orders as per usual.

Feedback Score
    We managed to get a couple of 91k serial MRO samples last week and I can confirm that there is a reduction in magnification on the periphery of the lens. It's about the same towards the center, which makes the reduction in magnification not immediately obvious to everyone.

When on the range, the reduced peripheral magnification has significantly reduced the disorienting effect that pre-89k MROs have had on some of our testers.

We've also noticed that the housing is made from an updated forging. The main differences we've identified are a thicker rim around the rear window, and ® instead of ™ after the word MRO. The two post-89k samples we have weigh 2.3g more than the pre 89k ones we have.

The battery and diode circuit boards that are visible without completely disassembling the optic appear identical.

Overall these updates seem like routine refinements to a product that was pretty good to begin with. That being said, we're going to hold off on selling MRO's until we can get a steady supply of the new post-89k ones.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thanks for posting these updates. I can't swing a Micro, but I might try for MRO if they plan out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are we saying Trijicon will replace V1 MRO's with V2 at no cost? Does one have to be the original owner?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Are we saying Trijicon will replace V1 MRO's with V2 at no cost? Does one have to be the original owner?
    I'd wait to hear from MJinPA regarding his RA but I'd be surprised if they did.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast