Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO update

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    I'd wait to hear from MJinPA regarding his RA but I'd be surprised if they did.
    They received my MRO last week but I don't have an update yet. My expectation is not a replacement. Would just like to see the glass updated to reduce the slight magnification that it currently has. I'll post an update once I have it back in my hands.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon is charging $50 plus return shipping if you want to send it in to update the lens. They claim they "just changed the lens supplier" and do not consider this to be a warranty issue so it won't be done for free.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/08...ro-version-1-5
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 11-12-17 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    That’s interesting, I noticed the magnification when I bought mine. That and it was $450, was my reason for choosing it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trijicon MRO update

Got my MRO back today. Glass updated at no charge. I think Scalarworks nailed it with his observations. Comparing side to side with a Sig Romeo 5 there is still some very slight magnification in the center and the blue tint appears the same. The blue never bothered me and it's now close enough to zero mag for me to be happy. These photos aren't the greatest representation but it's the best I can do with my phone. Happy to take more if someone has a tip on how to focus a phone camera through the red dot lens. Sig Romeo 5 and MRO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJinPA; 11-14-17 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Got my MRO back today. Glass updated at no charge. I think Scalarworks nailed it with his observations. Comparing side to side with a Sig Romeo 5 there is still some very slight magnification in the center and the blue tint appears the same. The blue never bothered me and it's now close enough to zero mag for me to be happy. These photos aren't the greatest representation but it's the best I can do with my phone. Happy to take more if someone has a tip on how to focus a phone camera through the red dot lens. Sig Romeo 5 and MRO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After putting the sight back into its mount and on to a rifle, I can confirm that to my eyes there is now zero magnification! I think that while holding it in hand earlier, the blue tint was creating the illusion of magnification. I'll confirm later this week or next when I take it out to re-zero.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome
    What kind of hoops, proof of purchase or paperwork did you have to provide?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Why do MROs have that blue tint?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Trijicon is charging $50 plus return shipping if you want to send it in to update the lens. They claim they "just changed the lens supplier" and do not consider this to be a warranty issue so it won't be done for free.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/08...ro-version-1-5
    Bummer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Awesome
    What kind of hoops, proof of purchase or paperwork did you have to provide?
    None. I just called and asked and they said "No problem. Send it in".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast