Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO update

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    Bummer.
    I guess I called before they made this decision to charge for the update...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That’s what I was thinking, you got it in before the window closed. I don’t mind the slight magnification, my getting old eyes appreciates it and it’s not difficult to get used to. I can decipher what one eye sees from the other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    After putting the sight back into its mount and on to a rifle, I can confirm that to my eyes there is now zero magnification! I think that while holding it in hand earlier, the blue tint was creating the illusion of magnification. I'll confirm later this week or next when I take it out to re-zero.
    The magnification is still there, it's just bellow the threshold of being noticeable by most shooters.

Here's a direct comparison of a 6k MRO and a 91K MRO:

Scalarworks MRO 6k vs 91k.jpg

The two photos were superimposed in Photoshop to show the difference in magnification of a reference grid.

Notice how the grid lines are very close together towards the center of the lens and increasingly diverge from each other towards the periphery.

Please note that the blue tint is quantitatively the same for both the 6K and 91K MROs pictured, but it's on opposite ends of the lens for each; so when the images were combined the entire lens appears blue rather than just one side.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    The magnification is still there, it's just bellow the threshold of being noticeable by most shooters.

Here's a direct comparison of a 6k MRO and a 91K MRO:

Scalarworks MRO 6k vs 91k.jpg
    Looks like only one in the photo. Do you have a photo of both? And, yes, I keep going back and forth but it lands on the just barely noticeable scale for me. It's definitely an improvement but looking through my sig romeo 5 is clearer/cleaner. With that being said it doesn't really matter when shooting. I'll take the improvements for free but would not have paid $50 for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Looks like only one in the photo. Do you have a photo of both? And, yes, I keep going back and forth but it lands on the just barely noticeable scale for me. It's definitely an improvement but looking through my sig romeo 5 is clearer/cleaner. With that being said it doesn't really matter when shooting. I'll take the improvements for free but would not have paid $50 for it.
    That image is both photos superimposed in Photoshop to show a direct comparison. I've added some clarification to my original post explaining what we did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    That image is both photos superimposed in Photoshop to show a direct comparison. I've added some clarification to my original post explaining what we did.
    Ah! Great way to show the difference at the edge vs center!

Feedback Score
    91k+ serial MRO's just arrived.

Leap Trijicon MRO optic bundles are back in stock.

new MROs.jpg

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    They told me to send it in for a free repair. Here is a copy of the email they sent me.

Hello nimdabew,

Good morning and thank you for your inquiry. We have not made any changes to the MRO except post 89,000 serial numbers have the newer .00 magnification lens. The housing, adjustment and internal electronics have not been changed. If the .05 magnification is affecting you then yes you are more than welcome to send in the optic for a free non-warranty lens replacement.

To send in the MRO please first submit a return authorization here.

Sincerely,
    Kevin
    Trijicon Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    They told me to send it in for a free repair. Here is a copy of the email they sent me.
    Same experience here. For what it's worth the difference in the update is very minimal but the magnification was minimal to begin with.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Nice
    Can you pm me that contact information?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast