Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO update

Feedback Score
    My 37xxx and 85xxx have TM without a circle. 91xxx has TM in a circle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Can anyone confirm the forgings with updated registered trademark symbol as an accurate indicator of the newer less-magnification version? I just received SN 88304 and 89131 that both appear to have magnification and the "TM" symbol on the housing.

Pics from the AllOutdoor.com article.

Attachment 49194

Attachment 49195

Response from Trijicon: "There will be $50.00 charge if you would like the glass changed as this is not a manufacturer defect. This is considered and upgrade."
    The new MRO's have an updated forging that has MRO® instead of MRO™ on the side. The serial number is easier to spot: Anything over 89,000. We just got another batch of MROs in this week and they are in the 95-97k range.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI, Aim Surplus has MROs on sale for $349.95 if anyone is interested.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice. Might be worth a call to see if they can tell the serial numbers.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd try one at that price if I were shopping for a RDS. Hopefully it continues to evolve and we eventually get rid of the bluish tint.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I recently purchased two from Brownells... they have serial numbers 885xx and 915xx. Both have the "TM" and not the "R" after the MRO. They appear to me to both have slight magnification and look optically similar. Is it possible the "new" version 1.5 is in the 92,000+ serial number range as noted in the AllOutdoor.com article?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'd try one at that price if I were shopping for a RDS. Hopefully it continues to evolve and we eventually get rid of the bluish tint.
    I've been hoping Trijicon would get rid of that blue tint since the original RX01 in the '90s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    I recently purchased two from Brownells... they have serial numbers 885xx and 915xx. Both have the "TM" and not the "R" after the MRO. They appear to me to both have slight magnification and look optically similar. Is it possible the "new" version 1.5 is in the 92,000+ serial number range as noted in the AllOutdoor.com article?
    That's very odd. The one we used for our comparison photo is 91k. It has the updated forged housing with MRO® on the side. All of the ones that have been 90K+ have had these features, and the updated lens of course. I'll reach out to Trijicon and see what they say.

The newer variant still has some magnification, as all similar red dot sights do. It's simply less than before.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know there was a prior thread about this 2 years ago regarding optics placement, but I'm interested in getting everyone's input on where they mount their MRO w/ the slight magnification and field of view.

I watched the Practically Tactical video where Steve Fisher recommends mounting the MRO as far back as possible based on his experience.

Just ordered my MRO yesterday from OpticsPlanet for $353 (shipped/ no mount) and I'm excited to strap it on my Sionics upper!

Feedback Score
    It doesn't work well mounted far for me (where other red dots work fine). It's 2 slots up from the rear flip-up sight.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast