Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO update

Feedback Score
    I also prefer my MRO mounted directly in front of the rear buis. My other RDS sights get mounted to the front of the upper reciever.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I see more and more people doing that lately, is there a school of thought on this or just a preference? I have flip-up BUIS that I have set at a co-witness and it just is what I'm used to but I'm interested since I see a lot of guys doing it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    I see more and more people doing that lately, is there a school of thought on this or just a preference? I have flip-up BUIS that I have set at a co-witness and it just is what I'm used to but I'm interested since I see a lot of guys doing it...
    I don't remember who it was or which thread it is...but there was some "study" that showed that the MRO worked better if it was not mounted in a particular distance from the eye. I forget the short distance that it was good to go, and if I recollect correctly the greater than 8" was good to go (GTG).

So in theory, placing it directly in front of the rear buis keeps it in the minimum GTG spot, but it would have to be mounted beyond the front of the receiver to be in the >8" GTG spot.

Feedback Score
    I found the link to the post:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...77#post2207477

Optimum eye Relief envelope:

Trijicon MRO: 3.0"-4.5" 8.1"-10.75"
    Last edited by thehammer69; 12-31-17 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Did serial numbers start over for the MRO patrol?

My MRO is in the 30k range and patrol in the 70k range.

The patrol has a noticeable magnification and I'm wondering if it's my imagination or not.

Feedback Score
    I mount mine right in front of the rear BUIS. That seems to be optimum for the size of the opening and reaching up from the forearm to change brightness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Did serial numbers start over for the MRO patrol?

My MRO is in the 30k range and patrol in the 70k range.

The patrol has a noticeable magnification and I'm wondering if it's my imagination or not.
    MRO's with the improved lens are in the 90k+ serial range. Keep in mind that this improved lens still has some magnification, just not as much as the pre 90k units.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    MRO's with the improved lens are in the 90k+ serial range. Keep in mind that this improved lens still has some magnification, just not as much as the pre 90k units.
    Thanks. I'm sending both of mine in
    Last edited by Swstock; 02-20-18 at 05:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    I see more and more people doing that lately, is there a school of thought on this or just a preference?
    I run one micro, and it's about midway on the upper. That makes the smaller objective functionaly larger. I have not picked up an MRO yet but that is where I would start mounting it.

For me it seems that there is a size easier to find and easier to look right through to focus on the target. I don't know if it's just my eyes, or the amount of time I have behind a full size AP at the front of the upper.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast