Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burris XTRII 1x8 thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Burris XTRII 1x8 thoughts?

Looking to get the Burris 1x8 scope, but still don’t see a ton of reviews. Anyone have one on here?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    PST Gen 2 is better

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In what ways is the vortex better?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    In what ways is the vortex better?
    IMO, the glass by a LOT. And I'm not a fan of Burris products having owned 2.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    IMO, the glass by a LOT. And I'm not a fan of Burris products having owned 2.
    I'm very skeptical, having owned a number of the XTRII models, several Viper PST models, and the Razor gen2 1-6x. The XTRII 1-8x is very close to the Razor gen2 in optical quality, which isn't surprising given that it costs nearly as much and comes from the same factory.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I owned the XTRII in 5-25x It was like looking through the bottom of a Coke bottle.

I didn't like the Burris 1-8x I used at the range, and I've looked through at least 5 Razor 1-6x. Wasn't even close to my eyes. I'm not a Vortex fanboy, but I also run the 4.5-27x on my bolt gun. Sold an AMG because I didn't think the glass was what I liked.

I don't know if they come from the same factory, but the PST Gen2 1x that I owned was very good glass for the $$
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 11-01-17 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I'm very skeptical, having owned a number of the XTRII models, several Viper PST models, and the Razor gen2 1-6x. The XTRII 1-8x is very close to the Razor gen2 in optical quality, which isn't surprising given that it costs nearly as much and comes from the same factory.

I agree! The Razor Gen II and the Burris XTR II 1-8 models are made in the Japanese LOW factory and are pretty even overall while the PST Gen II is made in the Philippines and is lower in quality. Glass is pretty similar at 1x with the edge given to the Razor slightly over the Burris XTR II 1-8.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have one but haven't used it yet, so my review is very limited. It's a made in Japan scope unlike the rest of the XTRII series, and I assume it's made at LOW given the construction details and being a 1-8x. All good things. It's a true 1x at the low end, as you would expect. Glass quality is very good, and is where I would expect given the price (this all depends on your reference point, of course). Eyebox is a little tight at 8x, not too bad, and good at lower magnifications. The illumination works very well and is truly usable at both magnification ends.

If you have specific questions I'll try to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    PST Gen 2 is better
    Since the PST series doesn't have a 1-8x, this is just silly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyg023 View Post
    Looking to get the Burris 1x8 scope, but still don’t see a ton of reviews. Anyone have one on here?
    My thoughts:

Feedback Score
    I've got the older 1.5-8x on a 7.62 AR and couldn't be happier. It's built like a tank, clear and bright glass, illumination and reticle that fits the niche for my rifle.

I'd have no issues recommending or hesitate to buy another if I had the need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast