Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burris XTRII 1x8 thoughts?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I ran a thread on a Burris or Vortex 1-8 and everyone that had both strongly preferred the Burris. It was overwhelmingly in favor of Burris. Glass turrets .....is better

I have been impressed with mine.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I went ahead and ordered the Burris. I went on the chat for Optics Planet and got the Burris for $1023 plus shipping. I was looking at the Vortex PST as well, but I’m a fan of BDC Reticles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I ran a thread on a Burris or Vortex 1-8 and everyone that had both strongly preferred the Burris. It was overwhelmingly in favor of Burris. Glass turrets .....is better

PB
    Same here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PB
    Same here.

Feedback Score
    I know that second focal plane scopes are supposed too be brighter and with that how does the Burris 1-8x SFP illuminated dot reticle stack up against the Aimpoint bright Vortex Razor Gen ll 1-6x?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No comparison data but I never felt it lacked in the Arizona sun
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    No comparison data but I never felt it lacked in the Arizona sun
    Just what I was needing to hear about it, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppinFatTony View Post
    I know that second focal plane scopes are supposed too be brighter and with that how does the Burris 1-8x SFP illuminated dot reticle stack up against the Aimpoint bright Vortex Razor Gen ll 1-6x?
    In the 1-8x I have the FFP reticle, not SFP (I know there is an option for SFP). The FFP is daylight bright, I imagine the SFP would be also. I have the XTRII 1-5x also, which is SFP, and it is VERY daylight bright, at the eye-burning level comparable to max settings on Aimpoint and EOTech.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What is the consensus on the better reticle to get?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would lean more towards getting the Razor but the reticle does not have range estimation stadia for some strange reason...

Leupold VX6 1-8 CMR2 has ranging, super light and daylight bright but futzy illumination controls? warranty customer service may not be as good?
    Burris 1-8 Ballistic Circle Dot has ranging but is about same heavy weight as Razor- warranty customer service may not be as good?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast