Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burris XTRII 1x8 thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    In the 1-8x I have the FFP reticle, not SFP (I know there is an option for SFP). The FFP is daylight bright, I imagine the SFP would be also. I have the XTRII 1-5x also, which is SFP, and it is VERY daylight bright, at the eye-burning level comparable to max settings on Aimpoint and EOTech.
    Thank You.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    In the 1-8x I have the FFP reticle, not SFP (I know there is an option for SFP). The FFP is daylight bright, I imagine the SFP would be also. I have the XTRII 1-5x also, which is SFP, and it is VERY daylight bright, at the eye-burning level comparable to max settings on Aimpoint and EOTech.

The FFP XTR II 1-8 FFP isn’t daylight bright IMO, while the SFP gets to Aimpoint brightness.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Burris XTRII 1x8 thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I owned the XTRII in 5-25x It was like looking through the bottom of a Coke bottle.

I didn't like the Burris 1-8x I used at the range, and I've looked through at least 5 Razor 1-6x. Wasn't even close to my eyes. I'm not a Vortex fanboy, but I also run the 4.5-27x on my bolt gun. Sold an AMG because I didn't think the glass was what I liked.

I don't know if they come from the same factory, but the PST Gen2 1x that I owned was very good glass for the $$
    I own the Burris XTRII 5-25 and it in no way is like looking through the bottom of a coke bottle. Stop posting nonsense. The glass on that scope is very clear and bright.

I looked through the Burris XTRII 1-8 today at the LGS and it was very clear.

I don’t care much for the reticle and the eye box is a bit tight. The eye box was also tight on the vortex sitting right next to it. Even though I didn’t care for the reticle, it was better than the triangle only on the Trijicon I also picked up.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-02-17 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Midwayusa has them on clearance for $440

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow i just looked at that. I wonder why. Maybe being discontinued.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford02 View Post
    Midwayusa has them on clearance for $440
    Indeed. And you can get a "Weaver premium MSR mount 34mm" for $63 as well. Total setup just over $500 for a 1-8x made at LOW Japan.

I imagine that some change to the model is coming, but it's still fairly new so I doubt it's totally discontinued or radically changed. I've watched Midway's optic sales for a long time and noted that their clearance pricing is among the best anywhere, if you get lucky or sit and wait for deals.

Thanks to a prior Midway clearance I now have the XTRII 1-8x in both SFP and FFP models. Each has its place. I like the SFP a little better overall, but the FFP is very nice if most of your shooting will be at more than 1x. Optical quality of this model is among the best of any LPV I've used or looked through. By memory (I didn't own all of these simultaneously) it's better than the gen2 Razor 1-6x I owned, and comparable to a Leupold Mark 6 1-6x. The only real downside is the eyebox is small and sensitive at 8x, but that seems an OK tradeoff for everything else the scope offers.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Damn, looks like that's over. I've been kicking around trying to move from a 3-9 to a 1-8 since its so close at the top end and increases the versatility at the bottom by a wide margin. I think I probably would have pulled the trigger for that price.

ETA: How are they for durability?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That seems like a smoking deal on a very decent optic, no?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I already have one and love it. I was really close to getting another one just to have for that price. I paid over $1000 for mine. By the time i went back on there it went back up in price. Makes me wonder if it was a mistake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyg023 View Post
    I already have one and love it. I was really close to getting another one just to have for that price. I paid over $1000 for mine. By the time i went back on there it went back up in price. Makes me wonder if it was a mistake.
    I'm going to try them via phone on Monday and see if they will honor the price.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast