Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TTAG Drop-in Trigger Comparison

Feedback Score

TTAG Drop-in Trigger Comparison

So I stumbled about the internet and came across this article on Truth About Guns comparing drop-in AR triggers. I was surprised by some of his conclusions, namely his comparison between any drop-in trigger and a Geissele SD-3G. Are Geissele triggers still the best and if so, why?*

*I own three Geisseles and have always been a fan.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...igger-roundup/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    i saw this when it came out. its also on youtube. i prefer the LMT and Timney to the Geissele myself. Hell with the rock river 2 stage and some good JP springs it feels just as good if not better than the overpriced G stamp.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    i saw this when it came out. its also on youtube. i prefer the LMT and Timney to the Geissele myself. Hell with the rock river 2 stage and some good JP springs it feels just as good if not better than the overpriced G stamp.
    When you get some real shooting experience under your belt with that RR trigger, you'll start to realize G triggers aren't over-priced
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Yeah...you must be new around here.....
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    How many Geissele's fail compared to RR 2-stage triggers? I am willing to bet that the results make you look pretty foolish.

Feedback Score
    Take into consideration how finely tuned those drop-ins are, and what is your intended purpose. If you are looking for the cleanest, lightest pull on the market, then no. However, he didn't test a well broken in NM model, which would be a better comparison IMO. He did say that the 3G is a great trigger, but in comparison, it was rather rough and creepy. Pretty funny if you've ever tried one, but I trust the data provided.

Honestly, I read this article back when it came out and I never once considered any of these triggers for hard use. I thought the trigger scan data was very interesting, and I enjoyed seeing the results and the graphs. In the end, those drop-in triggers just don't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    So I stumbled about the internet and came across this article on Truth About Guns comparing drop-in AR triggers. I was surprised by some of his conclusions, namely his comparison between any drop-in trigger and a Geissele SD-3G. Are Geissele triggers still the best and if so, why?*

*I own three Geisseles and have always been a fan.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...igger-roundup/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a Geissele SD-C flat and prefer my RRA 2 stage. Granted these are designed for slightly different roles but I expected the G unit to feel better and the first stage to not be sooooooo looooong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Short take up.
    Low pull weight.
    Safe for more dynamic use than bench shooting.

Pick two.

Oh, and most people need trigger time, not a $300 trigger to shoot better.

Feedback Score
    So essentially Geissele is the sweet spot for performance, durability, and reliability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    So essentially Geissele is the sweet spot for performance, durability, and reliability?
    Not necessarily. There are others which meet or exceed your criteria. Some have been included in this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast