Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TTAG Drop-in Trigger Comparison

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've had popped primers tie up GI and G triggers, both required taking out the entire FCG to clear it out.
    I should clarify, primer wound up in the sealed trigger unit itself, my buddy wound up scrapping that trigger as he couldn't get it apart or get the primer out. At least with non-sealed unit you can dis-assemble parts till you get to the problem and correct it. I'll try to look him up and see what brand it was, It was about 10-11 years ago and all i remember it was red aluminum sides and a pretty light trigger of about a pound of pull. And he was pissed for weeks over it as it was pretty pricey at the time.

EDIT ADD: I just remembered why he was so mad, he couldn't get the sealed unit out without cutting something as it was locking up on the safety selector (couldn't move off fire, couldn't get safety out) and it wouldn't slide past it IIRC. We fought with if for about an hour at the range trying to get it out before we gave up and he worked on it at home.
    Last edited by tigershilone; 11-08-17 at 01:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    I should clarify, primer wound up in the sealed trigger unit itself, my buddy wound up scrapping that trigger as he couldn't get it apart or get the primer out. At least with non-sealed unit you can dis-assemble parts till you get to the problem and correct it. I'll try to look him up and see what brand it was, It was about 10-11 years ago and all i remember it was red aluminum sides and a pretty light trigger of about a pound of pull. And he was pissed for weeks over it as it was pretty pricey at the time.
    Copy.

Feedback Score
    Just dropped the G 3 gun trigger in my carbine. It's amazing for the speed I like to shoot at and I don't forsee any issues using a scope with it if i decide to hunt with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does anyone offer as many different trigger types for different applications as Geissele? Because they have about 15 different triggers for the AR-15 alone. Did they try them all? I have four if you count the SSF for the M16 and they're all different.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    TTAG only tried the S3G for comparison. The focus of the article was on drop-in FCGs only.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    TTAG only tried the S3G for comparison. The focus of the article was on drop-in FCGs only.
    The S3G isn't an all in one fcg like the CMC, Timney, etc. It's a separate hammer, sear, disconnector and springs. If the S3G is a "drop-in", then the other 14 variants they offer are as well.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    You are correct. The author/tester, for shits and giggles, threw a S3G into the mix to give the reader a comparison on how light and clean the drop-in trigger groups were to a trigger he considered to be excellent. I had commented earlier that I had thought a Hi-Speed NM would have been a better comparison but, you are right, none of the G line are self-contained drop-in FCGs. Just to be clear, I never implied they were.

Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    The S3G isn't an all in one fcg like the CMC, Timney, etc. It's a separate hammer, sear, disconnector and springs. If the S3G is a "drop-in", then the other 14 variants they offer are as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    You are correct. The author/tester, for shits and giggles, threw a S3G into the mix to give the reader a comparison on how light and clean the drop-in trigger groups were to a trigger he considered to be excellent. I had commented earlier that I had thought a Hi-Speed NM would have been a better comparison but, you are right, none of the G line are self-contained drop-in FCGs. Just to be clear, I never implied they were.
    Correct.

And, further, Geissele trigger performance is directly dependent upon the proper spec of a given lowers pin holes; both the bore diameter, symmetry of the bores, and parallelism of the bores. A drop in trigger will be far more tolerant of a cheaply made lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Primary Arms has the Rise for $79.99 right meow.

EDIT:
    Since this is the technical forum, I can add some thoughts on the Rise 140.

I too read that article a while back but had no reason to buy a cassette style trigger. When I decided to build a PCC AR and started reading about stress on the FCG, I went back to that article to see what was what.

First off, if money was no issue I would have really wanted to try a Wilson TTU. That said, for a gaming PCC, the Rise 140 Black Cloud or whatever its called seemed to fit the bill, especially on sale. Note that it has set screws but I purchased KNS pins.

Like the graph shows it seems to have no creep/pre-travel and hardly any over travel. You just apply pressure and bang. I presume its a good single stage trigger but I really have nothing to compare it to. That said, I still prefer the G SD-C. After the light first stage, the break on the SD-C is still really nice even though there is more movement overall. And I do like the take up of the first stage.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 11-14-17 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    i saw this when it came out. its also on youtube. i prefer the LMT and Timney to the Geissele myself. Hell with the rock river 2 stage and some good JP springs it feels just as good if not better than the overpriced G stamp.
    LOL @ Rock River Arms trigger better than Geissele.
    That's quite an uninformed statement IMO.

Just curious, how much actual experience do you have behind a Geissele trigger?
    Which Geissele trigger did you have in your rifle that you didn't like?
    What didn't you like about that specific trigger?

That statement sounds exactly like the type of nonsense heard at some gun shops. The RRA cheap trigger is 'as good as' the higher priced, higher quality, tighter tolerance, better QC of the Geissele Trigger. Many shops make the same claims about the bottom tier AR's they sell in their store, just to move them, same goes for lower quality triggers offered.

There's no way I would go with RRA over anything offered from Geissele, ever. Geissele triggers are proven reliable, worth every penny they cost, and they are light years above and beyond RRA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123