Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TTAG Drop-in Trigger Comparison

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    So essentially Geissele is the sweet spot for performance, durability, and reliability?
    The two stage G triggers, yes. It keeps the long take up of the standard AR semi-auto trigger for safety but instead of having the long creep of the standard trigger, it uses all but the last bit of sear travel for the first stage of a tow stage trigger. Just before the sear break, spring rate is increased to keep the pull from being too light.

The SSA has a heavier break that isn't quite as crisp as the SSA-E, but it still has an excellent trigger pull. I have both the SSA and the SSA-E. The SSA is a versatile trigger, suitable for both close in fast work and deliberate precision shooting. The SSA-E is a more specialized trigger and is best when used for taking deliberate shots.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    So essentially Geissele is the sweet spot for performance, durability, and reliability?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    My favorite trigger for toys used to be the SD-3G but I recently picked up a KE Arms SLT-1 and like it better. With a coupon code I paid $168 shipped including an ambi safety, significantly less than the Geissele.

Geissele (and other conventional, non drop-in) triggers have to be safe with pin spacing at the extreme ends of milspec tolerance. That means that there's a little more sear engagement, and therefore a little more pull. In comparison, a drop-in manufacturer can run a tighter tolerance on hole spacing, as they control tolerance. This lets them have shorter pulls.

Feedback Score
    Rock River is a damn joke

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've said this before, bears repeating. Just wait till you get a popped primer stuck in one of those sealed drop-in trigger units, then come back and tell how great it is to have a locked up firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    I've said this before, bears repeating. Just wait till you get a popped primer stuck in one of those sealed drop-in trigger units, then come back and tell how great it is to have a locked up firearm.
    The KE Arms SLT-1 is a significantly different design than a typical trigger. For example, it doesn't have a conventional disconnector.

As far as I've seen, basically all AR triggers are minor variations on the same basic geometry. This isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjkSqvRcjlk

Not sponsored by them or anything, just a happy customer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    My favorite trigger for toys used to be the SD-3G but I recently picked up a KE Arms SLT-1 and like it better. With a coupon code I paid $168 shipped including an ambi safety, significantly less than the Geissele.

Geissele (and other conventional, non drop-in) triggers have to be safe with pin spacing at the extreme ends of milspec tolerance. That means that there's a little more sear engagement, and therefore a little more pull. In comparison, a drop-in manufacturer can run a tighter tolerance on hole spacing, as they control tolerance. This lets them have shorter pulls.
    The long sear engagement of the G trigger has nothing to with pin spacing. It's to prevent the rifle from firing if it's dropped or subjected to rough handling. That's the reason the standard AR trigger has a long sear engagement.

I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

The long sear engagement of the G trigger has nothing to with pin spacing. It's to prevent the rifle from firing if it's dropped or subjected to rough handling. That's the reason the standard AR trigger has a long sear engagement.

I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    I've had popped primers tie up GI and G triggers, both required taking out the entire FCG to clear it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ... required taking out the entire FCG to clear it out.
    Exactly. You can separate the trigger from the hammer and there is no place you can't clean out.

How do you separate the trigger and hammer in a drop in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast