Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: What 5.56 round do you have in your AR15 rifle??

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    I love my Colt AR15 and also like my AK74. The 5.45x.39 round is known for being the more lethal round. However there is not many rounds that can be bought for it. I got 2,509 rounds of 7n6 and it tumbled wickedly. M855 or xm193 doesn't do this. However we can get premium 5.56 ammo that may better 7n6 in 5.45. I love both of my guns really. Both accurate, reliable, light recoil. I don't shoot corrosive 5.45 ammo much so I don't have to clean the AK74 much.
    I think you need to study you terminal ballistics a bit more. For a round like M855, M193, Mk262 ect to fragment to MUST yaw/tumble first. The axial stress on bullet is what makes it break apart. Also 7n6 is not more lethal than a fragmenting M855 or M193.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love my Colt AR15 and also like my AK74. The 5.45x.39 round is known for being the more lethal round. However there is not many rounds that can be bought for it. I got 2,509 rounds of 7n6 and it tumbled wickedly. M855 or xm193 doesn't do this. However we can get premium 5.56 ammo that may better 7n6 in 5.45. I love both of my guns really. Both accurate, reliable, light recoil. I don't shoot corrosive 5.45 ammo much so I don't have to clean the AK74 much.
    Incorrect, you are just sharing an internet myth as if it were fact. Can you show me scientific data that proves 7n6 is significantly or even slightly more lethal than M193? Because if you want to actually debate this, I could find sources to back my side of this argument.

7n6 is slower, lighter, generating less foot pounds of energy. It is maybe a fraction of an inch longer than an M193 bullet. 7n6 is not more deadly in any way, it doesn't even fragment... And no, tumbling once within 12'' does not make it a more lethal tumbling round.
    They are very similar, they basically do the same thing, they are about the same size, traveling almost the same speed.. However the difference is, M193 has an advantage in every aspect.
    - Accuracy
    - Velocity
    - Fragmentation
    - Energy
    - Non corrosive.

Just because a bunch of AK guys on the internet love AK74s and preach the awesomeness of 7n6, does not mean they are factually correct. On the contrary, I would have to say much of the internet hype about AK's is just hogwash.
    7n6 is less accurate than M193, it is corrosive, produces less energy, and has bi metal jackets which do not allow it to fragment. The only advantage it ever had was that is used to cost 12 cents a round.. Now 7n6 is about the same cost as M193, 7n6 has lost its only advantage or attractive trait. It's a dying round.

I own multiple AK's, I love them, I'll never get rid of them, but they are inaccurate and I've watched those bi-metal jackets poke little straight holes in animals. I have never seen a Bimetal jacketed bullet coming out of an AK do even half of what I have seen M193 do to flesh and bone. M193 can really mess a guy up, and it should not be underestimated at all.

Please, don't listen to the AK fanboys, do the research yourself, and draw your own conclusions.

7n6 is garbage ammo produced by communist penny pinchers, all of that magic poison bullet talk is just a bunch of internet bullshit.
    I find it humorous how AK guys who love Ak74s call AR15's poodle shooters, because 5.56 is a more effective round in every regard compared to 5.45.
    5.45 is a good caliber, AK's are good guns, they will kill someone dead; but they aren't amazingly reliable, and they don't shoot magic poison bullets. Shoot both types of guns enough and you will start to see why people like AR15's so much more.
    The only reason I take my AK's out anymore is to let my friends shoot them, and contrary to popular belief, AK's should be cleaned as well.
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 11-21-17 at 22:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    Incorrect, you are just sharing an internet myth as if it were fact. Can you show me scientific data that proves 7n6 is significantly or even slightly more lethal than M193? Because if you want to actually debate this, I could find sources to back my side of this argument.

7n6 is slower, lighter, generating less foot pounds of energy. It is maybe a fraction of an inch longer than an M193 bullet. 7n6 is not more deadly in any way, it doesn't even fragment... And no, tumbling once within 12'' does not make it a more lethal tumbling round.
    They are very similar, they basically do the same thing, they are about the same size, traveling almost the same speed.. However the difference is, M193 has an advantage in every aspect.
    - Accuracy
    - Velocity
    - Fragmentation
    - Energy
    - Non corrosive.

Just because a bunch of AK guys on the internet love AK74s and preach the awesomeness of 7n6, does not mean they are factually correct. On the contrary, I would have to say much of the internet hype about AK's is just hogwash.
    7n6 is less accurate than M193, it is corrosive, produces less energy, and has bi metal jackets which do not allow it to fragment. The only advantage it ever had was that is used to cost 12 cents a round.. Now 7n6 is about the same cost as M193, 7n6 has lost its only advantage or attractive trait. It's a dying round.

I own multiple AK's, I love them, I'll never get rid of them, but they are inaccurate and I've watched those bi-metal jackets poke little straight holes in animals. I have never seen a Bimetal jacketed bullet coming out of an AK do even half of what I have seen M193 do to flesh and bone. M193 can really mess a guy up, and it should not be underestimated at all.

Please, don't listen to the AK fanboys, do the research yourself, and draw your own conclusions.

7n6 is garbage ammo produced by communist penny pinchers, all of that magic poison bullet talk is just a bunch of internet bullshit.
    I have 7n6 but don't shoot it because of it being corrosive. I was referring and comparing fmj rounds between the 5.56 and 5.45. I knew xm193 was better than m855 but I didn't think it did as well in ballistic gelatin. The lethality of the 5.56 round was due to its fragmentation or so I read that many times. 7n6 in my opinion was banned from importation because of its thought lethality. I could be wrong. 5.56 has so many rounds that do different things. So 5.56 is superior. I still love my AK74 and with a red dot site I can get 2.5 inch groups at 100 yard. My Colt LE6920 I have yet to test out since I bought it last year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have 7n6 but don't shoot it because of it being corrosive. I was referring and comparing fmj rounds between the 5.56 and 5.45. I knew xm193 was better than m855 but I didn't think it did as well in ballistic gelatin. The lethality of the 5.56 round was due to its fragmentation or so I read that many times. 7n6 in my opinion was banned from importation because of its thought lethality. I could be wrong. 5.56 has so many rounds that do different things. So 5.56 is superior. I still love my AK74 and with a red dot site I can get 2.5 inch groups at 100 yard. My Colt LE6920 I have yet to test out since I bought it last year.
    7n6 was banned because some jackass made an AK74 pistol so the ATF incorrectly reclassified 7n6 as armor piercing, even though 7n6 did not technically match their definition of armor piercing. I think it's bullshit that is was banned from importation, and around the same time period some jackasses tried to ban M855 as well. Since there are so many more people who shoot AR's in the USA, M855 wasn't banned do to much larger backlash, but sadly 7n6 was.

M193 and M855 tumble as well, that is part of the reason why they fragment at their cannelure. There is a lot of science behind that which I don't want to try and butcher right now.

I just felt compelled to comment on your incorrect statements when you said things like
    7n6 in my opinion was banned from importation because of its thought lethality
    and
    The 5.45x.39 round is known for being the more lethal round.
    M855 or xm193 doesn't do this.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No, it wasnt. Its banned because it was an easy target to label it as AP because of its steel core. Just like they tried with M855 except 7n6 wasnt as popular so they succeeded which made be divest myself of 5.45. Ive probably shot ~15k rounds of 7n6 and while it found it every bit as fast, accurate and flat shooting as XM855 or XM193 I would not choose 7n6 over M193 from a terminal ballistics standpoint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    7N6 cleanup on aisle 3................I thought this was an AR ammo thread? Jeez.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    7N6 cleanup on aisle 3................I thought this was an AR ammo thread? Jeez.
    That was funny
    Last edited by indianalex01; 11-22-17 at 09:07.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    No, it wasnt. Its banned because it was an easy target to label it as AP because of its steel core. Just like they tried with M855 except 7n6 wasnt as popular so they succeeded which made be divest myself of 5.45. Ive probably shot ~15k rounds of 7n6 and while it found it every bit as fast, accurate and flat shooting as XM855 or XM193 I would not choose 7n6 over M193 from a terminal ballistics standpoint.
    Still it should not have been banned. It can still be bought. I'm gonna pick up 1,080 more rounds of it. I always read that fragmenting rounds caused more damage then tumbling rounds.I know m193 fragments but does it do so reliably? 7n6 tumbles reliably even in 10 inch barrels. I have to look into M193 ammo. M855 doesn't frag consistently at all. Its probably the worst 5.56 round.

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I have both platforms and love them both. I just don't think m855 or m193 does the damage of 7n6. Unless m193 frags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have both platforms and love them both. I just don't think m855 or m193 does the damage of 7n6. Unless m193 frags.
    Make a solid hit with any of them and it’s a moot point.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Still it should not have been banned. It can still be bought. I'm gonna pick up 1,080 more rounds of it. I always read that fragmenting rounds caused more damage then tumbling rounds.I know m193 fragments but does it do so reliably? 7n6 tumbles reliably even in 10 inch barrels. I have to look into M193 ammo. M855 doesn't frag consistently at all. Its probably the worst 5.56 round.
    It doesn't matter how you feel. It is banned and it is irrelevant to this thread. Give it up, we get it you have an emotional attachment to 7n6. It doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast