Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What 5.56 round do you have in your AR15 rifle??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another for 64 grain Gold Dots. I keep a few mags loaded with the CBC MK262 load too from a few years ago before 50 cent per round PSA free shipping yata yata yata dried up.

I bought enough of the Gold Dots to last me for the foreseeable future since it was 50 cents per round shipped.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Same for me with Gold Dots, whatever weight I can find for a decent price - it's a PIA to find the good stuff in 5.56 at a reasonable price and .223 GD seems to have good ballistics. All of my guns are 14.5 pinned or 16 - not sure how the 75gr load behaves out of an SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have adopted IMI mk262. I have no experience with the 77 OTM bullet on flesh. But on paper it performs as advertised.

Feedback Score
    Gold dot and fusion look to be the best mix of price/performance. Stash some, keep some loaded, practice with a little and forget it. Stash 193 and shoot the crap out of it.

Otms have proven very effective. So have bonded rounds.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-31-17 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Doing alot of research and I settled on 2 specific ammunition. Right now I have 5.56 Hornady Tap 2 which are 75 grain. My other load is Federal 556fitb3 or 556bct3 which is the sane exact round. So I have the fragmenting T2 round and the bonded soft points for barrier performance. Anyone think there's better choices out there than these particular 2 loads?? I know the Black Hills 50 grain TSX is another great load but is even more expensive than the 2 kinds of ammo I chose. Just want to know what round is the most devastating according to other AR15 owner s here??-
    What's different about this thread from your last carry ammo thread?
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...s-vs-Bonded-SP
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    64gr Gold Dot. Buy the crap out of it when it's on sale.

Feedback Score
    64gr Gold Dot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Green tip 62 grain 5.56, would really like to try some MK262.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if I'm just a cheap bastard or overly optimistic, but M193 - use it for practice and social purposes. I rationalize I won't have to worry about shifts in POI or functioning, but the fact is it's a step up from the handgun I would normally and usually be relying on.

Lots of great choices in this thread, though, certainly can't argue with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    What's different about this thread from your last carry ammo thread?
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...s-vs-Bonded-SP
    Well I'm new to the AR15. I just have an AK74 and 10 months ago got my first AR a Colt LE6920. Just didn't want to buy green tips for self defense. I recently heard about the Speer Gold Dot and they are much cheaper than the soft points that I recently purchased. Maybe I'm gonna buy a thousand rounds of Gold Dots as I don't have superior wealth right now. The Aimpoint Pro is not needed because my Holisun 503C is pretty impressive. I don't hear many guys having problems with that red dot.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast