Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Bergara B-14 HMR?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thoughts on the Bergara B-14 HMR?

I'm looking to expand my shooting into the long range realm and I don't see the Bergara rifles mentioned much. I've been reading about excellent accuracy with them with commercial match ammo. I've checked one out in person and I really like the feel of the HMR stock and I'm wondering if anybody has any experiences with them. I would want one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have their LRP in 6.5C with the XLR element chassis. I have been very happy with it, my only regret being that I wish I had waited for the HMR stock to be released. Make no mistake, I like the XLR but the HMR is a cheaper alternative with a more traditional look. I really wanted an adjustable cheek piece and their B-14 line didnt have one at that time. That issue is addressed with the HMR stock.

Bergara checks off a lot of nice features for what is essentially a R700 clone done right. The only bolt actions I've bought in the last 5 years have been CZ, Tikka and Bergara, and that was after extensively shopping Remington, Winchester, Mossberg and Savage.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There was a thread or two discussing the merits of the Begara as compared to the Savage, Ruger and maybe a few others in the $1k-ish range. For what it's worth my pick is the HMR: Rem700 pattern action, threaded from the factory, comes in 6.5 C as a factory option and takes pmags.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So the Bergara is a Remington 700 clone? First I've heard of this. Does that mean parts interchange with the Remington 700?

Feedback Score
    While I haven’t fired one, I have put a Bergara in my hands recently and I was really impressed with the quality. I’ve owned mostly savage bolt guns with great success, but I think a bergara is in my near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Bergara is compatible with standard Remington 700 short action bases and it can drop into stocks inlet for the Model 700 also. However, I've been totally happy with the HMR stock as is so I doubt I'll be dropping it into another stock in the near future. As far as triggers go I haven't swapped the one in my HMR out with an aftermarket trigger but I've been told it's possible.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    So the Bergara is a Remington 700 clone? First I've heard of this. Does that mean parts interchange with the Remington 700?
    ^ what he said.
    Heres a nice write up for your consideration: https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/hyb...r-full-review/
    fit and finish IMO is better than Savage and Ruger.
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 11-02-17 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm new into bolt-action rifles and I have Bergara B14 HMR 6.5CM. It's basically based on a Remington 700 footprint. I have a Nightforce scope mount for a R700 SA and it installs perfectly on my HMR. But yes, scope mounts, aftermarket triggers, and most stocks for a R700 will work on the Bergara B14. Not sure about the differences for the bolt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like a real winner for an out of the box precision gun. I need to start saving. Glass isn't cheap either.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Glass isn't cheap either.
    I wouldn't call glass an investment since it doesn't appreciate in value, but the scope will typically outlive (read: stay in your possession) the first few rifles you own.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast