Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Arch Holster

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Black Arch Holster

/I feel like I am always looking for the most comfortable iwb holster... anyone seen/used these guys? Black Arch? looks comfy

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebone View Post
    /I feel like I am always looking for the most comfortable iwb holster... anyone seen/used these guys? Black Arch? looks comfy
    Link?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    I'll help. https://www.blackarchholsters.com/ Formerly SHTF Gear.

They make good holsters. Not as nice as say, Comp-tac, but rugged and comfortable.

I have several. They make holsters for a wide variety of pistols unlike many other companies.

Three issues:

1. Sometimes the trigger guard protrusion that secures the pistol is too much and holds the gun too tight. It can be massaged down, it's only kydex.

2. The new suede backing smells bad. Like burned rubber. Let it sit that side up where there is some air movement and after a week it's fine.

3. The metal belt clips are terrible avoid them. They have their own polymer clips now but I haven't tried them yet. I've been buying Comp-Tac polymer clips and putting them on the BA holster.
    Last edited by Ron3; 11-01-17 at 00:22.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I'll help. https://www.blackarchholsters.com/ Formerly SHTF Gear.

They make good holsters. Not as nice as say, Comp-tac, but rugged and comfortable.

I have several. They make holsters for a wide variety of pistols unlike many other companies.

Three issues:

1. Sometimes the trigger guard protrusion that secures the pistol is too much and holds the gun too tight. It can be massaged down, it's only kydex.

2. The new suede backing smells bad. Like burned rubber. Let it sit that side up where there is some air movement and after a week it's fine.

3. The metal belt clips are terrible avoid them. They have their own polymer clips now but I haven't tried them yet. I've been buying Comp-Tac polymer clips and putting them on the BA holster.
    Thanks Ron, that is just the kind of info I was looking for!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one. It is the Ace 1 Gen II IWB. I like it. Mine has the metal clips. Not sure what Ron hates about them other than they need tightening every time you remove the holster. I might look into the polymer clips to see what I may be missing, Other than that, it is comfortable, I cannot speak for the newer Protos M models which have the wrap around kydex trigger guard for better IWB hybrid retention.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I been looking at the ace dri (ADM) looks comfy... less expensive then the stealth gear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I have one. It is the Ace 1 Gen II IWB. I like it. Mine has the metal clips. Not sure what Ron hates about them other than they need tightening every time you remove the holster. I might look into the polymer clips to see what I may be missing, Other than that, it is comfortable, I cannot speak for the newer Protos M models which have the wrap around kydex trigger guard for better IWB hybrid retention.
    I don't like the metal clips because they are very strong and sharp. It takes a bit of effort to get them on and off. If you contact something with them it makes noise and can damage whatever it contacted. (say, a car door) They also weigh more and are wider than the polymer clips.

I only see advantages with the polymer clips and no disadvantages. (They don't break. At least I've never broken or cracked one. I do inspect them from time to time)

As for screws getting loose..(This applies to ANY holster) Screws that aren't adjusted, like those that hold the kydex to the leather/faux leather backing, get red loctite. Other screws, like tension screws and the belt clip screws, get a liberal amount of blue loctite. Clean the fastener and screw itself with alcohol first per the instructions for using loctite.
    Last edited by Ron3; 11-01-17 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I don't like the metal clips because they are very strong and sharp. It takes a bit of effort to get them on and off. If you contact something with them it makes noise and can damage whatever it contacted. (say, a car door) They also weigh more and are wider than the polymer clips.

I only see advantages with the polymer clips and no disadvantages. (They don't break. At least I've never broken or cracked one. I do inspect them from time to time)

As for screws getting loose..(This applies to ANY holster) Screws that aren't adjusted, like those that hold the kydex to the leather/faux leather backing, get red loctite. Other screws, like tension screws and the belt clip screws, get a liberal amount of blue loctite. Clean the fastener and screw itself with alcohol first per the instructions for using loctite.
    Gotcha. Yes, the metal clips are tricky to get off. I did develop a system for it though. The first stage is to pull the front of the clip to get it over the belt, then that is when it gets stopped by the rear portion of the clip that has a 90 degree bend to keep it from getting yanked out for any reason. That used to be the pain in the butt part of getting it off. All I do is push the clip rearward and up with my fingers by sliding them under my belt where the clip is. It pops right off. Works like a charm.

I can see the sharp and damaging aspect though. I might look into the polymers to try them out. I wish they made the Protos M model for my P30, I would give that a try. Right now they only make it for the SK version. All the more reason to get an SK I guess.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 11-02-17 at 07:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Ace 1 IWB and wear it when carrying my 4.75” 1911- which I carry the most. Its the leather back and it very comfortable. I actually liked the metal clips until it started squeaking and I called them and they sent me the poly clips. No issues since and it’s over 3 years old.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    how do they compare to the stealth gear... though I am ready to pull the trigger you all had positive things to say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast