Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED 2/9/18 Zenith / MKE Z5RS (MP5) SBR review: A love story

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Have you seen this book?

I found one on GB for about $20.

Man, I am tempted to send my ambi pack to Bill but a little worried about messing with a respectable trigger as is.

I like that tropical hg and fixed stock setup of yours. Rugged just released an Obsidian 9 suppressor. You should get one!!!
    Bill is good people, he will definitely take care of you. All of my HK's going forward will be sent to him for work.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nice review. They are so much fun aren't they? My 9mm ammo spend went way up when I got mine:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    What are the characteristics of Bill Springfield’s trigger work?
    Can be inconsistent/hit or miss, but Bill does try to correct any issues. Google "bill springfield trigger work issues".
    I had him do a HK93 trigger back in 2010 and it worked out fine. Sent 2 FAL triggers/parts and had issues with hammer follow and doubles/triples on one assembly. Sent it back for rework and it still did the same after getting it back. Bill refunded me my money and I put replacement/stock parts back in.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Have you seen this book?

I found one on GB for about $20.
    I've got that book (and one by Leroy Thompson), and while a good read it's WAY out of date- it's about 25 years old. I wish there was something newer and more extensive. But it's a time capsule showing how much has changed tactically since GWOT.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Great review. I've been MP5 binging, too. When I went to Gun Parts Corp for my $300 new F spec stock, I noticed they had MP5 'Aiming projectors'. Flashlights have come a long way in the last 30 years, but it will look tits on my '80s SAS clone. I'll probably gut it, and fill it with modern bits so it can melt retinas while it looks amazing.

I started with a MKE K, then got an Omega full sized, and now a POF full size. It's addictive.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I love my MKE. It has been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it. I am closing in on 2.5k rounds fired through it. Waiting on my Form 1 but the BT brace works great until it arrives.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 11-04-17 at 13:43.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear just got one of these guns. Another buddy has one too. It shoots great.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    kaltesherz, very nice write up. They newest models come with a pretty decent trigger. I have used Bill numerous times with great joy but doubt this one needs it. Our Buddy who is a HK aficionado said my trigger was better than HK triggers after Bill worked on them. But he might be able to make this one crazy good. I am going to SBR it even though the newest arm brace is a pretty darn good stock while I wait. I did full sized with Mlok rail. Aimpoint T2 blah blah blah.

I am going to get a SilerncerCo Omega 9K to add sweetness to the tip.

We are going to run the Mp5 and Sig MPX hard tomorrow for a nice sub gun work out.

Again , nice write up

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-04-17 at 14:00.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yeah man, get a suppressor for it.

That is an Obsidian 45 in long in my pic. Another option is the just released Obsidian 9, although the Omega 9k seems tailor made for these PCCs.

I went with a keymod rail and folding brace as well. Yes that is a cheap optic after I blew money on the ambi lower. Been working though, no complaints at $120 for it used.

The Zenith/MKE SEF trigger that came with this is actually nicer than this ambi trigger pack. Both work well enough, but I do like the ambis ability to select safe/fire similar to an AR while shouldering it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    kaltesherz, very nice write up. They newest models come with a pretty decent trigger. I have used Bill numerous times with great joy but doubt this one needs it. Our Buddy who is a HK aficionado said my trigger was better than HK triggers after Bill worked on them. But he might be able to make this one crazy good. I am going to SBR it even though the newest arm brace is a pretty darn good stock while I wait. I did full sized with Mlok rail. Aimpoint T2 blah blah blah.

I am going to get a SilerncerCo Omega 9K to add sweetness to the tip.

We are going to run the Mp5 and Sig MPX hard tomorrow for a nice sub gun work out.

Again , nice write up

PB
    All this MP5 talk is making me feel like being very irresponsible with my money. As an Omega 9k owner, I would have gotten the Dead Air Wolf had it been out when I bought it. Nothing wrong with the 9k, but the wolf is more versatile (essentially an omega 9k with an additional baffle stack should you want to use the long configuration to make it quieter). I buddy had the Wolf and I was very impressed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast