Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED 2/9/18 Zenith / MKE Z5RS (MP5) SBR review: A love story

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    All this MP5 talk is making me feel like being very irresponsible with my money. As an Omega 9k owner, I would have gotten the Dead Air Wolf had it been out when I bought it. Nothing wrong with the 9k, but the wolf is more versatile (essentially an omega 9k with an additional baffle stack should you want to use the long configuration to make it quieter). I buddy had the Wolf and I was very impressed.
    great feedback , thanks brother

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Yeah man, get a suppressor for it.

That is an Obsidian 45 in long in my pic. Another option is the just released Obsidian 9, although the Omega 9k seems tailor made for these PCCs.

I went with a keymod rail and folding brace as well. Yes that is a cheap optic after I blew money on the ambi lower. Been working though, no complaints at $120 for it used.

The Zenith/MKE SEF trigger that came with this is actually nicer than this ambi trigger pack. Both work well enough, but I do like the ambis ability to select safe/fire similar to an AR while shouldering it.

I have a Tirant 45 that is massive from back in the day. But its the size of the weapon even though it works nice on my MPX.

These lower end RDS are Nice and I have some enforce lights too, good stuff. Im a fan of the Romeo5 from Sig. good stuff in the optics market. Iraqguns is dropping off some nice high end 9mm for the sub gun shoot in the am.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-04-17 at 19:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    In hindsight, I might have gone with a TPM MP5SD, as they're user serviceable cans and already 922R. Still not cheap by any means but probably the best way to get into a SD.

http://www.tpmoutfitters.net/apps/we...s/show/6024957
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I took mine out today and rocked it hard side by side with my MPX, it was good times. The stock worked ok but I look forward to the stamp and stiffer stock. Both ran perfect, but you gotta love the MPX with a G SSA trigger and ambi safety etc. I much prefer the charging the Mp5 vs MPX. Mark loved the Mp5 trigger and was all over triple taps at full auto speed. Mark has an installed full auto trigger finger!! He felt like he could get into a rhythm better with the Mp5.

All in all both were awesome, and if you don't have one, buy one. Only downside is you can burn 500 rounds in 30 minutes haha, no shit really though.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-16-17 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I took mine out today and rocked it hard side by side with my MPX, it was good times. The stock worked ok but I look forward to the stamp and stiffer stock. Both ran perfect, but you gotta love the MPX with a G SSA trigger and ambition safety etc. I much prefer the charging the Mp5 vs MPX. Mark loved the Mp5 trigger and was all over triple taps at full auto speed. Mark has an installed full auto trigger finger!! He felt like he could get into a ruthenium better with the Mp5.

All in all both were awesome, and if you don't have one, buy one. Only downside is you can burn 500 rounds in 30 minutes haha, no shit really though.

PB
    I shot an MPX years ago when they first came out, seemed like an AR / MP5 hybrid. It's nice to see so many options for 9mm carbines / SMG types, especially the EVO Scorpion- which is solid yet inexpensive option. I wish I could have gone that route financially, but I knew I had to have an MP5.

And yeah, you're not kidding about burning through 500 rounds with a quickness...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    This is my Z5RS that i just got my stamp back for about a month ago. Unfortunately with work and life i have yet to ring it out. Looking forward to it though, hopefully soon.

IMG_5057.jpg

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Maybe I'm old school, but that's the look that does the most for me. Only alteration I would do is to get a rail to mount a red dot on.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    +1 for me! The A2 would be what I would buy. I've shot a K, but the fixed stock plus the longer handguard is just a pleasure to shoot. Something like that would mean I show up at the range with a couple cases of 9mm, and somehow they would magically disappear much to quickly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu74 View Post
    This is my Z5RS that i just got my stamp back for about a month ago. Unfortunately with work and life i have yet to ring it out. Looking forward to it though, hopefully soon.

IMG_5057.jpg
    Dulce Brother, that piece looks solid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast