Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Does the argument against a shorter, lighter trigger really hold up?

Feedback Score
    In my experience sights become difficult to find and line up long before I lose the ablility to ID targets.
    Night sights glow bright enough to get picked up quickly long before I lose the ability to ID targets.
    The in between light and dark is where they shine. That lighting condition is very common here, especially indoors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Generally, if you have a WML activated, you wont find much utility in night sights.

Likewise, inside 10 yards, unless you are in pretty much complete darkness you won't need them. And if you are in complete darkness how are you ID'ing your target?

The 'quick and and easy' find of the night sights is a byproduct of practice which also serves to allow you quick and accurate hits inside 10 yards w/o night sights - IF you can see well enough to ID your target.

All that being said, IMO any SD/HD pistol should have night sights, mine do.

That's what I found on the Proctor side of that post...you should always have a white light and should always use it in no light or no light so you'll always be able to see your sights.

For my part, it only takes one dry run around my house at night to find a plethora of locations where I could easily see well enough to identify an intruder as an intruder, but not see non-illuminated sights. No need for a light, not all of my pistols have lights mounted to them, and I can sure shoot the pistol better with both hands firmly on it than I can with one hand devoted (in full or in part) to operating and holding a flashlight. I haven't been able to dry run the same out in public, but just walking around dimly lit or non lit locations and imagining holding a pistol, or holding my thumb out in front of me etc, it's pretty easy to find a lot of lighting situations where I'd be able to identify a person as a threat but making out non illuminated sights either wouldn't be possible or would surely slow me down.

I think there's a reason so many LEA and LEO and armed citizens utilize night sights on their pistols. Because always being able to see your sights is a very good thing

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    In my experience sights become difficult to find and line up long before I lose the ablility to ID targets.
    Night sights glow bright enough to get picked up quickly long before I lose the ability to ID targets.
    The in between light and dark is where they shine. That lighting condition is very common here, especially indoors.

Yup.

Particularly if you find yourself in a darker or shadowed area of the room compared to the threat. It's not even like your front sight and the perp are always going to be equally illuminated.
    Last edited by Warp; 12-04-17 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    99% of my shooting is done where day sights are adequate and often superlative to night sights.

There's a night match this weekend, I'll be using an X300U for the remaining 1%.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910