Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington model 8

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Remington model 8

Sometimes rifles left in the back of the safe become neglected and forgotten. I recently discovered that Indiana's new hunting regulations may have presented the perfect opportunity for this old Remington to become useful again. The 30 Remington is basically a rimless version of the classic 30-30. However the 5 round box magazine enables spitzer bullet selection. Anyone here reload for this cartridge? Bullet and powder favorite combinations? I need to buy brass, dies, bullets, powder. Starting from scratch....

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Another of Saint Brownings designs.
    The cool factor is through the roof with the mod 8.
    Just use same load data as .30/30 Win. I don't reload for .30 Rem., but appreciate the obsolete cartridges. Try finding brass for .33 Winchester.(:

Here's some info:
    http://www.remingtonsociety.org/foru...pic.php?t=3187

Cheapest brass I've seen:
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...categoryId/742

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I remember shooting the last 20 rounds of factory ammo with my dad back in the late 80's. I am still fascinated with the design. It was cool to shoot back then. My kids need to see it work.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. Must have pictures.

I second the 30-30 data and powder selection. Most any standard 150 grain soft point should work well, but I would start with Hornady's interlock first based on my past experiences.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a bottle of h322 for the 6br. Good enough or buy something like imr 3031?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Hope you get it back in action.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    About a year ago, I saw a Model 8 in .35 Rem marked LA County Sheriffs Office. Immaculate condition with letters of provenance and a 30-round magazine marked “For Law Enforcement Use Only.” Further research revealed the these magazines were available for agency purchase in that day. This has little to do with the OP’s question, I just thought I’d share as it’s one the neatest firearms I’ve ever seen.

Use starting data for .30/30 Winchester and work up from there. I believe Redding makes dies and I’ve heard of folks making brass from 6.8 SPC cases as it is derived from the .30 Remington. As such, 6.8 shell holders will work as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Didn't Bonnie and Clyde experience justice at the receiving end of a model 8 equipped with those same special order 30 round magazines?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Pretty sure Frank Hammer carried one in .35 Remington in the ambush.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has the 35 Remington slid away into obsolescence like the 30 Remington?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast