Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a SiCo Can

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Help me choose a SiCo Can

It's that time of year where I'm likely to pick up a new can.

Can someone help a brother out regarding SiCo's attachment methods, as well as throw out some recommendations for a can?

This will be going on a 5.56.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I'm very happy with the Specwar for .556. Sound suppression was at a comfortable level and I didn't experience too much POI shift from a 16" rifle. I could even remove hearing protection while standing 10 feet to the side of the rifle while it was being shot and not have any issues with the noise level.
    I use the ASR mounts and they lock down solid. Once the suppressor cools down I am easily able to remove it from the muzzle device as well.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Thanks. No issues with the ASR mounts coming loose?

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I haven't experienced any issues with it. The locking mechanism on the suppressor once it's threaded on seems to do it's job well.

Feedback Score
    I have a few SiCo cans, Including a specwar 556 and an Omega. I find myself using my Omega for 5.56mm more than the specwar. Both run the ASR mount which I have found to be flawless and has never come loose on me personally. The specwar is heavy for a 5.56 can and I believe it weighs around 19oz. The Omega can run on .30 cals up to .300WM and has the same suppression ( to my ear) as the specwar but only weighs 14oz. I don’t think I’ve shot my specwar in the two years I’ve had my Omega. And if you really want the Omega can take a 5.56 endcap. The SiCo Omega is a very versatile can and the only negative I can see is the titanium sleeve if you’re doing mag dumps.

You may also want to look at the Saker if you want something without a titanium sleeve, and therefore a little more durable. If you do get a SiCo definitely go with the ASR Mount, not the MAAD Mount.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve not had an issue with ASR mounts coming loose when installed with a firm turn of the wrench and Rocksett’d. You have to pay attention to the locking ring on the can itself and make sure that the can is fully threaded onto the mount before turning the ring. Properly done, I’ve never had an issue. I have seen SiCo cans flying down range because the owner thought they were securing locked.

My Omega does a great job with 5.56, but I have a Saker 5.56 pending as a dedicated .22 caliber can

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have one of the original Saker 556 cans. The weak point was the mount for sure, but after I got a Sandman-S, I also bought the Key-Mo adapter so my saker now uses the Dead Air Keymount system. If you are willing to pay the weight penalty, the Saker ASR now has the better of the two mounts, and the k version will be lighter and shorter. The Omega is a better all around can, but I think the Saker is the more rugged option. I honestly like the Dead Air mounts enough that I would seriously consider buying the Key-Mo anyway to use Dead Air mounts. You could sell the ASR mount and muzzle device and not be out too much additional money.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would also go to an Omega (which I did and just got it back). It’s not that much bigger then the Saker and you can use it on just about everything.

I only shoot 9mm suppressed but I went with an Octane 45.

I shoot 5.56 and 6.5 creed but I got a can that will support up to .300 WM.

I got a dedicated .22 suppressor for shots and giggles.

I like having options and not limiting myself to one can to one gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I’ve not had an issue with ASR mounts coming loose when installed with a firm turn of the wrench and Rocksett’d. You have to pay attention to the locking ring on the can itself and make sure that the can is fully threaded onto the mount before turning the ring. Properly done, I’ve never had an issue. I have seen SiCo cans flying down range because the owner thought they were securing locked.
    First day with my new Silencerco Specwar and the above happened to me. I sent an e-mail asking for repair or replacement, and asking what I did wrong, and they replied the same day by saying to send it to them. In addition, they explained that sometimes users may not mount it correctly even though they think it’s good to go, just like you say.

It was repaired for the cost of shipping only, about a 3-week turnaround. And now I know the difference between correct mounting and incorrect, as well as the consequences of getting it wrong.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I agree that the Key-mo mount is overall better than the Trifecta or ASR, although it's longer. Unlike the ASR, the Key-mo can be used on a can mounted partially under the hand guard, which I like for short-barrel (under 10.5") 300BLK. Also, the Sandman suppressors themselves are very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast