Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a SiCo Can

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shooting an unsurpassed pistol too? Going to be shooting around anyone else who isn’t using a suppressor? Then max decibel reduction is kind of a moot point. Get something as light as you can. Omega or Saker K. I went Saker K because I didn’t think the extra $$$ for .30 cal capability and a slight reduction in decibels was worth the difference.

The Specwar’s are known to be quite but they are both heavy and discontinued. Anything you find is left over old stock. The new Saker ASRs are a several ounces lighter and just a touch louder.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The flying cans spook me a little bit.

Anyone have experience with the B.E. Meyers ASR? ANY advantages over the SiCo version?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The flying cans spook me a little bit.

Anyone have experience with the B.E. Meyers ASR? ANY advantages over the SiCo version?
    Supposedly better flash suppression. But since you’re using a can over the top of it anyway...

And they ping. Badly. I watched 1 YouTube vid and decided immediately to stick with the SiCo factory flash hider.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run the ASR brake for the recoil management properties without the can. When you want flash suppression run the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an omega, specwar 556 and specwar 556k. I like them all. I've had no trouble with the ASR system. That doesn't mean it's the best but its been perfectly fine for my uses.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a Saker 7.62 with the MAAD mounting system on my bolt gun. They don't make that mount anymore so I won't waste time with details on it.

As far as suppression goes, it quiets my 23" 6.5 down to a level where I can shoot without earpro and not be uncomfortable (that's not to say that it's safe). I noticed a slight improvement in my groups but nothing substantial.

The thing is built like a brick shithouse and I have no doubt that it'll still be on my guns decades from now.

Feedback Score
    You say to help you pick a SilencerCo can, but you're not familiar with their attachment methods. How can you be sure you want a can from any particular manufacturer if you're not familiar with their mounts?

I'm not a big fan of the ASR mount or the legacy Trifecta mount. In my opinion, both Dead Air and Rugged have better mounting systems (i.e. you really don't hear about their cans flying downrange or getting stuck). I also like Griffin's taper mount a lot due to its simplicity and light weight.

I've read way too many issues with the ASR to consider one of SilencerCo's rifle cans. The mounting system is the weak link in QD rifle cans in my experience, and should be top priority in picking a certain can. Brand loyalty can get you burned.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Personally if you want a SiCo can look at either Omega/Hybrid.
    SiCo ASR sucks, even before I got my approvals I never did like the ASR system. I have seen them go flying down range or stuck to the host rifle.

Just as I was about to buy the ASR mounts, DeadAir Key-mo system came out. So I had spare muzzle adapters and went with Key-mo. With single hand attachment its a no brainer, and I never see carbon build up on the taper point or threads. Yes its longer and a few ounces heavier but I believe dead air's attachment system is the best in the industry overall.

So if your really dead set on a SiCo rifle can just buy either omega/hybrid and use dead air's attachment system. I have sig, oss, dead air, SiCo, liberty, and more.

Feedback Score
    Just a few technical points:

If flash suppression is important to you, you'll get lower flash signature using the flash hider/mount than you do with the can mounted over it.

The BE Meyer flash hider was the overall best in the last round of tests Andrew Tuohy did, especially the night vision testing. The SiCo Trifecta was somewhere in between the A2 and the BE Meyer.

From my experience shooting at night on several occasions with and without NV (all depend somewhat on barrel length and gunpowder used):
    • bare muzzle - basketball to beach ball sized fireball, NV is like a small lit parking lot
    • muzzle brake - 1-4" bright jets radially away, depending on brake arrangement, NV is like a lit room-size area in front of the shooter
    • suppressor - 2-5" long jet straight out the exit end - eye-catching from the side out to at least 100 yards, NV was a much smaller flash on any objects close in front of the shooter's muzzle
    • flash hider - varies from little sparks and very small momentary bits of combustion, down to nothing visible to the naked eye, depending on the flash hider - NV was similar, but more exaggerated and the most visible thing was anything reflecting off any smoke lingering from previous shots

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 30 cal Specwar and a 30 Cal omega both using ASR system. I have NEVER had any type of issues with the mounting systems. I personally know about 8-10 other local guys who also use them with no issue. I've never heard of an ASR mounting system shooting off, I have heard of SICO's older system being troublesome. YMMV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast