Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange Ejection Issue

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBJ1891 View Post
    Ok so I got a tangodown magazine. the follower has the faux cartridge on the left side. the left lug contacts it, but on its flat surface, not on the sharp corner. Also it contacts it much later in its rearward travel. Furthermore, it locks up in the magwell much differently. ill report back after I test it later this week.

just got off phone with LMT. They have experience with 10rd magazines causing all kinds of issues. according to the tech, who was VERY helpful, the tolerances of my specific build and the tolerance of this lot of 10rd pmags probably just doesnt line up for 100% reliability. Bolt/bcg +mag follower friction can induce problems like Im having. He also said hes personally seen where a low velocity ejection will bounce brass off the reflector and back into the ejection port.

LMT guy: "are you using 10 rounders because youre in california?"
    Me: "yes"
    LMT guy: "ahhhhh im sorry about that"
    Another poor guy like me. That's a very odd combination of "things" that conspired against you. I do use hi-caps, but I also use 10 rd PMAGS, 10 rd Lancers, and 10 rd Hexmags. All have worked well in my AR's. Maybe try the last 2 plus your Tango, if they work, use the PMAGS for something else.

Feedback Score
    well i couldnt resist so i went to the range. 120 rds with the tango and no problems.

I'll be interested to see how this fairly new rifle does with another 2000-3000 rounds through it. The newest glock I bought worked well for 400rds then malfunctioned left and right for another +200rds before smoothening out. Its my carry gun at work now.

Feedback Score
    ok boys,

so i have deducted that I have a slightly overgassed system. the weird ejection problem has ceased since switching mag brands. furthermore, i do not experience strange ehect patterns when i use other ammo brands. the specific lot of fed xm193 that my lgs carries might be a hot run + the tight tolerances of the rifle creating some of the intermittent problems i was having.

long story short, nothing was wrong. I was gripping the magwell(touching the mag) on a tight tolerance gun using pretty hot ammo.

750 rds later using different mags, not holding gun by magwell, using same ammo= no problem.
    Last edited by LBJ1891; 11-26-17 at 14:05.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123