Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first AR pistol build. Any suggestion or comments appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Yes that QD end plate will work.

As far as lowers, if your not going with knights to match your upper then really there is no reason to pay more for an expensive roll mark unless your wanting a special lower with built in ambi parts or something like that. But it boils down to what you want.

I'm not sure if they ship but my local shop had three knights stripped lowers on the shelf when I bought mine a few months ago. I was in last month getting my Noveske lower and they still had a least one on the shelf if you wanted to try to call tomorrow? Shooter supply, (910) 860-3700

I didn't see what state your in?
    I'm in Texas. I'll give that number a try tomorrow. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I'm in Texas. I'll give that number a try tomorrow. Thanks!
    Like you, I can't find KAC or LMT products in my area. Mid-Michigan seems to be dominated by Spike's.

However, I can all but guarantee you will be tickled pink by the fit and finish of a Mega lower.

Feedback Score
    Yes that QD end plate will work.

As far as lowers, if your not going with knights to match your upper then really there is no reason to pay more for an expensive roll mark unless your wanting a special lower with built in ambi parts or something like that. But it boils down to what you want.

I'm not sure if they ship but my local shop had three knights stripped lowers on the shelf when I bought mine a few months ago. I was in last month getting my Noveske lower and they still had a least one on the shelf if you wanted to try to call tomorrow? Shooter supply, (910) 860-3700

I didn't see what state your in?
    Hey dude, they had it in stock and I ordered it through the phone! They're getting it to me for $200, shipping included to my FFL. Just wanted to thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey dude, they had it in stock and I ordered it through the phone! They're getting it to me for $200, shipping included to my FFL. Just wanted to thank you!
    Sounds like your going to have a great rifle.

On the KAC lower, I ordered a KAC trigger guard and like many it didn't fit. So if your also wanting to get the KAC lower goodies (trigger guard, ambi safety, mag release) you might have to contact Knights directly to get the corrected trigger guard.

I was able to use mine on my Noveske so it wasn't a total lost.

The Knights ambi safety works great, just be aware they have different colors. I ordered the gray by accident instead of black but I still like it so I left it on. Their ambi mag release I plan to get eventually but it's not a priority.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Sounds like your going to have a great rifle.

On the KAC lower, I ordered a KAC trigger guard and like many it didn't fit. So if your also wanting to get the KAC lower goodies (trigger guard, ambi safety, mag release) you might have to contact Knights directly to get the corrected trigger guard.

I was able to use mine on my Noveske so it wasn't a total lost.

The Knights ambi safety works great, just be aware they have different colors. I ordered the gray by accident instead of black but I still like it so I left it on. Their ambi mag release I plan to get eventually but it's not a priority.
    I’ll just settle with the BCM lower parts for now. Looking at the price for a KAC SR-15 E3, it’s so much more economical to build your own lower receiver, even with the vltor a5 and geiselle trigger group, I’m barely hitting 2300 before getting the aimpoint rds.

Feedback Score
    This probably goes without saying, since we're talking Knights Armament, but the gas ports on their 11.5 SR-15 E3 uppers is properly sized right? I shouldn't worry about quality?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This probably goes without saying, since we're talking Knights Armament, but the gas ports on their 11.5 SR-15 E3 uppers is properly sized right? I shouldn't worry about quality?
    One would hope for that price, but in the description for your upper on the link you provided it quoted "Knight’s Armament HH buffer comes with the 11.5" and 14.5" upper receivers only, as the shortened gas systems require it for proper function."
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm

Feedback Score
    One would hope for that price, but in the description for your upper on the link you provided it quoted "Knight’s Armament HH buffer comes with the 11.5" and 14.5" upper receivers only, as the shortened gas systems require it for proper function."
    What is that mean then? I can’t use my Vltor A5?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is that mean then? I can’t use my Vltor A5?
    Yes your A5A2 buffer will work, I would think the HH would be for shooting suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Yes your A5A2 buffer will work, I would think the HH would be for shooting suppressed.
    Wait, I assume HH = H2? In that case the A5H2 is heavier than that at 5.3 OZ. Wouldn’t that mean the A5 is actually more suitable for suppressor?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast