Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLS vs QLS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MLS vs QLS

These are questions as this crap is giving me a headache and Safariland's website is no help.

Only functional differences between these is MLS is breakaway and QLS is LEO Level 1 Retention?

They are both "equally" strong/rigid for holding the same weight?

Physical difference is they are not interchangeable and the MLS is a 1/3 larger.

The MLS fork is used on the receiver back to hold it to MOLLE and then you need a second MLS fork to attach to holster?

Can you use an MLS fork to attach a QLS receiver to MOLLE and just use the QLS system for a smaller footprint on hip an chest?

What other pros and cons between these?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What are you trying to attach to what?

I wouldn’t consider QLS to be level 1 retention. It’s a mechanism for attaching a holster to a carrying system. The holster itself has all of the retention characteristics.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    QLS was designed for LEO to meet Level 1 Retention according to Safariland and is industry standard for LEO quick detach.

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am moving holster back an forth btwn 1st Line belt to 2nd Line PC

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not to derail too much but have you considered swapping everything over to G-Code's RTI system? Its a little more expensive and I usually have to order the RTI mounts and holsters from two different places, but all of the opinions I found online pointed to the RTI being slightly superior and lower profile. Just a thought.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Buy 1 of each fo the following:

http://www.safariland.com/products/h...dcyv1kmvlklgbn

http://www.safariland.com/products/h...6fdcyv1kmvlklg

Add a safariland holster shank of your choice.

Mount a female end to the shank and to the molle fork. Add the male end to your holster. The

I cannot speak to the rigidity of the MOLLE molle fork or to mounting a holster to a PC.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was a thread somewhere. IIRC the MLS has a lower breaking weight vs. QLS .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    GGammel your links don't work

This is my holster without attachments
    http://www.safariland.com/-holsterfi...ls4h1d7jb6n0xu

just wanna know ALL the differences in systems MLS vs QLS

I have some G Code and like... but its Safariland for now

Thanx

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    You can mix the MLS and QLS forks/receptacles.

For your application here is what you'll need:

You'll mount the QLS Receiver Plates to each of the MLS forks using the splined attachment holes on each. These two combos will allow you to mount the holster to the PALS webbing on your belt and PC at whichever angle you need.

The QLS fork will mount to the back of your holster.

Now you can swap your holster between your belt and plate carrier using the QLS fork/Receivers while being attached to PALS webbing.
    Last edited by Falcon7; 12-05-17 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    You can mix the MLS and QLS forks/receptacles.

For your application here is what you'll need:

You'll mount the QLS Receiver Plates to each of the MLS forks using the splined attachment holes on each. These two combos will allow you to mount the holster to the PALS webbing on your belt and PC at whichever angle you need.

The QLS fork will mount to the back of your holster.

Now you can swap your holster between your belt and plate carrier using the QLS fork/Receivers while being attached to PALS webbing.
    You’re links work as good as mine. Apparently we can’t cut and paste links from Safariland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast