Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDQ Ambi Bolt Release Verdict?

Feedback Score

PDQ Ambi Bolt Release Verdict?

These look really interesting. I read a lot of glowing reviews on some blogs. I've also read of some problems on some several year old posts on some other forums. Have any past problems been addressed? Are any of you using these. How are they working out?.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have one that I performed the Dremel mod to my Bushmaster lower, have had zero problems with it. And I have an Aero Precision gen2 ambi lower receiver as well and also have had zero problems with it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazos_Jack View Post
    These look really interesting. I read a lot of glowing reviews on some blogs. I've also read of some problems on some several year old posts on some other forums. Have any past problems been addressed? Are any of you using these. How are they working out?.
    No link? No pics? No nothing?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I tried one and regret cutting the lower for it. For me it's hard to use for locking the bolt back, which was the only function I wanted from it (don't care about a right side bolt release). And it can cause failure to lock the bolt back on an otherwise properly functioning gun. So I have a lower now that is cut for one but I took the thing off of it. FWIW mine didn't break/chip like some of them apparently did.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Attachment 48439Attachment 48440Attachment 48441Attachment 48442been able to lock back with trigger finger on both hands as I shoot ambidextrous quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    krichbaum

Was it pressure from the port door that caused the failure to lock back with the PDQ? Did it happen on the last round of a magazine or when operating the charging handle with an empty mag in place?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have 2 Aero’s and one modified lower with the pdq. It does work but with one of my aero’s the bolt doesn’t always lock back on the last mag. I don’t know if it’s the port door pressure or if it’s the Pdq has too much mass to overcome.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score

Not ready for prime time?

"but with one of my aero’s the bolt doesn’t always lock back on the last mag. I don’t know if it’s the port door pressure or if it’s the Pdq has too much mass to overcome"

I think the problem is the combination of the two.

I've also looked into things like the Magpul BAD and the Troy. It looks like none are "ready for prime time" as they come from their respective vendors.

I've read of one guy who made his PDQ 100% by ginding away about half of the part that extends from the starboard side of the receiver, drastically cutting the weight and removing most of the arms material where it contacts the port door.

It seems that for $60 bucks, the vendor should make them this way to start with:
    https://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.c...t-release.html

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any updates on this? I saw the new HK416 ambi bolt release and thought it looked remarkably like the PDQ... At least in LAVs video.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If anyone is interested in the PDQ lever or the HK version, I would suggest just buying an ADM UIC lower. I have several, have never had any problems with anything not working the way it is supposed to, and use my trigger finger to both lock the bolt back and release it. At this point the only AR lower that I own that is not an ADM UIC lower is an AXTS (pre name change to Radian) AX556 lower that is SBR’ed..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast