Thread: Redback One Combat Sling- Reviews

Feedback Score

Redback One Combat Sling- Reviews

If you own or have used our combat sling, we ask that you leave your review here so that others can find out what it’s all about.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to reading what you have to say!

Description:

The Redback One Combat Sling is protected by U.S. Patent Number 9,410,766.

Our Combat Sling is an adjustable two point sling that has been designed and developed by Jason Falla specifically for combat shooting and CQB.

The combat sling features a variable width taper creating a light weight, minimalist platform which can be applied to various weapon systems using a 1" webbing attachment point and an HK style hook. The unique free floating anti-snag slider allows the shooter to maneuver the weapon quickly to adopt dynamic shooting positions without being caught up by the shooters equipment or body. The simple one handed adjustment allows the shooter to quickly adjust the length of the sling using only the support hand, providing fast transitions between administrative tasks or weapon change overs.

Manufactured by London Bridge Trading (LBT) and made from mil-spec color matched materials, the Combat Sling is ideal for Military personnel, Law Enforcement officers and Commercial shooters.

Available in Multicam, Tan, Black and Ranger Green
    Cost: $52
    Available at www.redbackone.com

[url]http://redbackone.com/images/RB1%20Slings1.jpg[url]

Redback One
    Email: Info@redbackone.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Redback One; 11-07-17 at 08:02. Reason: Link update

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I have been a die hard vcas sling user the past few years, normally not willing to stray outside of gear I have used and trusted.

I purchased two RB1 slings to give them a go, and I have found that I no longer have resistance doing drills and manipulations that would sometimes happen with the vcas.

I know it’s mainly designed to be used as a necklace but on hikes i have worn it as a traditional two point with good results. It does everything I need it too.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your review on our Combat Sling Carbon 244, we really appreciate it.
    To add to your comments, the Sling was absolutely designed to be worn as a necklace but mostly when work needs to be done. For example while patrolling the sling may be stowed and bandied up on the buttstock to allow freedom of movement. If a law enforcement officer or security professional is required to display his long arm while on duty, the sling can be worn traditionally in order to alleviate strain of the weapon hanging from the neck while at rest. This also demonstrates a good public image to see positive control being demonstrated. When the time comes to perform dynamic work, the sling can be slipped to the necklace fashion which allows the end user to maneuver the weapon and adopt all ready positions, shoulder transitions and weapon transitions without being caught up like with traditional 2-point slings. This is mostly due to the design features including the dynamic anti snag neck slider.
    The sling also needs to be fitted correctly to the end user by removing the slack from the front adjustments while the sling is set to its longest position. We have found that most shooters on need about 8-10” of total sling adjustment. We built the sling to be set in one of two positions, a fighting position (sling at its longest) and an administrative position (sling at its shortest). By only having two settings, this alleviates any issues of setting the sling while under stress.
    Thanks again for your review, we are glad that you prefer ours over other slings you have used.
    Be safe...
    Jason Falla

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Redback One Combat Sling- Reviews

I too was fully into the VACS sling after a brief T&E of the VTAC and one of the Magpul slings. I was introduced to the RB1 sling last summer during their 5 day combat carbine course. There were a few guys there who had previous knowledge of it and were excited to try it out but it was new to me. When Jason demo'd them, I think I actually decided to hold off because I wasn't convinced it was any better than my padded VCAS. The picture below is a perfect example of why I bought one from him within a day or two.

We did a lot more weak side shooting than I had really done in the past, and I quickly realized how much the extra material would bunch up and get in the way. The VCAS has since been replaced with RB1 slings on my two primary rifles, and I will absolutely be purchasing a few more when I rejoin the rest of my guns on the mainland. The neck slider is awesome and makes a huge difference - that is what sets this sling apart from every other two point, quick adjusting sling on the market. I do plan on grabbing an RSA to throw on my top rail to use with the included HK snap as I think that may be a slightly better mounting solution up front, just haven't gotten to it yet. Overall I am a huge fan. The only sling that I didn't replace almost immediately after trying the RB1 sling is the padded VCAS on my work gun. Out of all of the time that I spend with that gun, about 95% of it is just wearing the thing without any intention of shooting it, so its hard to beat the padded comfort of the VCAS. Still, I'll likely put an RB1 sling on the gun once it dies.

For those of you that haven't seen Jason's latest video, it gives an awesome overview of the setup and features.

ETA - I transitioned from the front QD to a Magpul RSA on the top rail to be used with the supplied HK hook. When I got the sling, this is how Jason had his KAC setup and I believe he still does. It’s a minor change but has made a noticeable difference. The sling is a little more flexible up front since it isn’t locked into a small degree of rotation by the QD mount, but more importantly, there’s less chance of catching the sling under the magazine when transitioning to pistol by turning the gun outboard. The more I use it, the more I think this may be the ideal way to mount any sling up front.
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-03-18 at 01:14.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the awesome review of our Combat Sling Wake27, we always like to hear feed back from our customers especially when it come to any speculation of ‘how it works’ or ‘is it better than...’
    Watching our latest video on setting the up is definitely helpful as it again demonstrates why our sling functions so well compared to others on the market.

Thanks again Wake27 and we look forward to seeing you on future RB1 training courses.